Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Which city should I spend my summer?
Notices

Which city should I spend my summer?

Sep 10th, 2001, 08:27 PM
brian

Which city should I spend my summer?

I am looking to take summer classes in spain this summer. 27yr old single male looking for a fun place to spend the summer learning spanish. Which city would you suggest? Why?
Looking for culture, nightlife, beach, and price.

Sep 11th, 2001, 01:33 PM
topper

I am not trying to be antagonistic to any who choose to post to the threads dealing with the plane hijacking, WTC collapes and other murders which occurred today.

But I encourage us to return to as many of the activities of normal daily living as possible, and not allow ourselves to give in to the paralyzing effects of cancellations, gridlock and hand-wringing.

And to that end, I propose to put a few good and unanswered questions back up to the top.

Sep 11th, 2001, 01:47 PM
Ursula

Brian: I am sure you would want to be in a town on the Mediterraen Sea, because summer gets pretty hot in Madrid, Salamanca or so. In Barcelona, they speak Catalan, so maybe not that convenient because you will want to practice what you have learnt at school.
I've read a very interesting article in a hip travel magazine about Valencia. It must be *the* place to go. Is this an idea? However, I have never been there, but I am tempted myself for a short get-away.
Good luck!

Search this Thread