Which area in Barcelona safest at night

Oct 14th, 2017, 11:04 AM
Original Poster

Which area in Barcelona safest at night

We have narrowed our search to apartments in both of these areas..one concern we have is safety at night as we will be returning later 9-10 PM from an event and the transport options we see will have us walking for some to the apartment within the area. Is there one area better than another for safety at night.. Friends were mugged in Barcelona a few years ago walking home from dinner one night (area was a bit isolated) so this is a concern for us. If we can get a taxi back we will be just in case we cannot.. thanks!
Oct 14th, 2017, 11:06 AM

What are "these areas" you wish to compare?
Oct 14th, 2017, 12:05 PM
Original Poster

Oh dear I thought I put them in SOrry!! Les Corts or Sants
Oct 14th, 2017, 02:40 PM

Sants is pretty residential. Thinking it should be ok. Dunno Les Corts. Others may have direct experience.

The only area I'd feel real leery about would be the Raval. And I grew up in NYC before it was cleaned up. Certain streets are better than others (that's true all over the city) but generally the warnings you'll hear about the Raval are well-earned and you hear few warnings about the rest of the town.
Oct 14th, 2017, 02:43 PM

P.S. - the "we" matters too. Is it royal (just you)? Is it you and an SO/DH who is 2m tall and weighs > 100 kg? Is "we" you and the Mountain from Game of Thrones? Is it you and children, etc.
Oct 15th, 2017, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

LOL thanks for that me and my husband 6ft 1 I am 64 he is 71 however we are fit and don't look our age