Thanks in advance for your help! My Fiance and I are going to Italy for 14-15 nights the last week of August and first week of September. We haven't finalized our itinerary 100% but need to buy our plane tickets this week - open jaw tickets into Milan and out of Rome are the same price as Roundtrip to/from both Rome or Milan. Also, we wouldn't mind paying a little more if recommendations come in for different airports. Which to book ?
The places on our list and intentions are below. The stops I'm having a hard time deciding upon are Rome, Florence and Bologna. Yes, all totally different, hence the reason we want some more time to research and decide. It seems if we left Rome off the list flying into and out of Milan would be the best option.
Venice: 2 nights and non-negotiable (on my bucket list)
Tuscany: 3 nights (we are in the wine biz and this is a must do!)
Cinque Terra: 3 nights (yes, I know it is terribly touristy but I've decided this is my preference over the Lakes)
TRYING TO DECIDE BETWEEN:
Florence: 2 or 3 nights
Rome: 3 nights? Would it be crazy to leave this off the itin? I feel like I'm adding it because I "should", not because I'm dying to visit
Bologna: 2-3 nights for a cooking class and good eats
If it helps, we are 30 yrs old and enjoy good food/wine, the outdoors and also want to soak in the culture/get a sense of the history.
All comments very welcome and appreciated, thank you.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 [Crete] Trapped in Skouloufia? Please help!
- 2 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 3 What happened to Sundriedtopepo
- 4 Help with Venice Trip?
- 5 Dubrovnik
- 6 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 7 Norte Dame light show!
- 8 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 9 Where to Eat in Barcelona
- 10 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 11 Help with 11 night Portugal Itinerary
- 12 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 13 10 Days in Austria
- 14 Czech Republic & Germany in Eleven Days
- 15 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 16 Greece in end October
- 17 Champagne Tours
- 18 Looking for Good Eating in Valencia
- 19 GTG Paris December 2017
- 20 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 21 Russian-American Relations: safe to travel? Get Visas?
- 22 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 23 Le Marche Research Help
- 24 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 25 Preliminary planning for Croatia May or June 2017
Which Airport should I fly into/out of?? Itinerary comments welcome too!