Annecy or Talloires in early May?

Old Jan 14th, 2013, 06:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annecy or Talloires in early May?

Which town - Annecy or Talloires would better for a few days in early May? Any suggestions for accommodations?
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 02:44 AM

We stayed at the Hotel Splendid in Annecy September 2011. Our room was very nice and overlooked the lake. Annecy was quite lovely and walkable. A friend was staying at the same hotel and she had a car for a couple of days. She said there was a convenient parking lot nearby.

We took the ferries around the lake and had lunch at Pere Bise in Talloires. The meal was wonderful! The restaurant is in a hotel which overlooks the lake.....just stunning. Talloires is much smaller than Annecy and not nearly as much commerce. It would be fine for a couple of days but we were happy we stayed in Annecy.
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 04:58 AM
ezs

We spent 3 nights in Annecy in June, 2011 visiting my daughter who was in a summer program in Talloires. I think staying in Annecy is the way to go. You can take a bus to Talloires or rent a car and drive there, but I don't think there is much going on in the evenings in the village. We staying in the Hotel Alexandra Annecy which was basic, but well-located and very clean and new.

Annecy (and Talloires)is one of the most beautiful places I have ever seen.

Have a great trip,
Eve
Old Jan 15th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for your suggestions. What do you think the weather would be like in early May?