Where would you leave a car for a week

Old Mar 30th, 2001, 09:52 AM
richard

Where would you leave a car for a week

I'm considering an itinerary which would have me touring around So Germany, and E France, and N Switzerland, and then hopping from Zurich to Naples, to explore Amalfi Coast. I'll be leaving my car in Zurich, for a week or so, and then picking it up, after Italy, to resume our trip. Where would you park your car for 7 or 8 days?? Should I leave it at the airport, or is there somewhere else that I could store it??

regards,

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 11:42 AM
Linda

Is this your car or a rental? If a rental, wouldn't it be better (i.e., cheaper) just to turn it in then get another one on your return to Zurich?

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 12:17 PM
StCirq

There are probably a number of places you could leave your car, but as someone else has already said, if it's a rental car, why pay for it for a week when you're not using it? Simply rent two cars.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 02:29 PM
Miriam

Hello,

it`s his own, brand-new car...
I don`t know the answer, just wanted
to tell people who might know where
Richard could park it..

Miriam

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 04:24 PM
Rex

This is yet ANOTHER perfect example of a problem, easily solved, with the ability to "cite" previous mesage threads - - yet not need to top them (where they get separated).

Many people need this capability.

They start with a question - - maybe it's very general in nature. Their information needs evolve, and they start another post. And then another.

Some of "us" - - who are "here" all the time MIGHT remember the historical evolution of their needs (and we might remember it all wrong, too!!) - - and others will think what the heck is this person talking about!!?

Now - - someone like Richard (and fiancee Barkley) can "cite" the three previous threads that lead to this question. If you want to read it all, you can. And they don't need to repeat all that previous info. they can direct a reader to the old threads, if necessary to clarify something confusing to others who don't know the story.

Their previous threads are:

Driving A New Car In Italy

http://www.fodors.com/forums/messages.cfm?fid=2&tid=1285519&numresponses=7

My husband-to-be failed---now it's my turn!!

http://www.fodors.com/forums/messages.cfm?fid=2&tid=1285531&numresponses=8

Car trip through Italy & Switzerland

http://www.fodors.com/forums/messages.cfm?fid=2&tid=1279485&numresponses=12

==============================

Until further notice, I am attaching the following to every message on which I list a "clickable URL" (whether to an old post or to a web address off the Fodors site).

You can go directly to this old message thread by clicking the link listed above.

No more need to top messages!

Best wishes,

Rex

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:18 PM
jacks

Why don't you drive all the way to Amalfi. The ride isn't too bad.

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 05:32 PM
Richard

Whew---this is weird----Rex, you're the most thorough person I've encountered in quite a while. I hope I'm not doing something that goes against protocol.
Barkley & I are buying a new car--with our new itinerary, we will be flying to Naples, for a few days in Positano. We need to leave our car in Zurich. I'm in search of a safe place to leave it. We expect to pay for this svc. One email I got said that the airport in Zurich has very good parking--nothing like JFK, and I could leave it there. Any other ideas would be welcomed.

respectfully,
richard

Old Mar 31st, 2001, 07:30 PM
John

Richard, if you're staying in a hotel in Zurich before heading south, you might check with the hotel to see if they have secure parking during your absence.