Where will I add the extra night?

Sep 3rd, 2007, 09:04 PM
Original Poster

Where will I add the extra night?

Thanks to this site I have 17 of 18 nights in Italy booked. 6 nights in Levanto to explore the CT area and beyond. 6 nights in Florence to explore that area and 5 in Venice. I have 1 extra night. Where is it better to add a night as I have never been this long in Italy before. After Venice i go to Austria for 1 week before going home to NZ.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 09:20 PM

I would add it on to Venice-because there's SO much to see in this area of Northern Italy-Padova is an absolute must-and you will need all day there. As for Venice, I can tell you that in this past year alone, I've spent the equivalent of almost one month-about 25 days-and I've STILL not seen everything I want to see, still haven't gone to all the little islands in the lagoon of Venice I want to visit, and of course, there are other towns in the area I want to go to as well. This, after several trips. So I would suggest tacking on an extra day to Venice, and you will have a good itinerary, Venice, some of the islands, Padova (which takes 30 min. by train) also, you could visit another favorite town of mine Bassano del Grappa, which takes about an hour by train. Never ever things to see and places to visit in the Veneto, that's for sure. And I'm not even counting the lovely Trieste (also about an hour and a half from Venice) and it's lovely coastline and resort islands.
Sep 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Original Poster

Thank you gypsy girl for your ideas. I will add it to Venice. I seem to have struck a snag in that I cannot book a train out of Venice to Austria during the day. I went to the trenitalia website and it says No for the day trips. I tried the 21 and 22 Oct. I have in place a return ryanair flight to Austria but it meant going back to Pisa - London - then Linz. It did take me a while to work out that was silly as I would not only be back tracking but wasting so much time. So I thought i would forgo that and go by train from venice hoping for a scenic trip by going in the daytime. I guess I will have to go at night.

Search this Thread