Reload this Page >

Where were you this time last year???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 11:23 AM
karen

Thought this might be fun to remember where you were this time last year. At some wonderful place??? Planning your next trip??? Just returning from a trip??? <BR> <BR>We were in Paris this time last year. Would love, love, love, love to return!!!

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 11:28 AM
Susan

Last year at this time we were in Peru. Great trip.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 11:37 AM
Anita

In September 2000, we were in the San Juan Islands, Vancouver, Victoria and Seattle. Had a great time, great food, fabulous weather. A week was not enough. <BR> <BR>If not for the terrorist attacks and the Dept. of State travel advisory re Italy, we would be enjoying our 4th day in Rome today. Better luck next year. More time to peruse my (too many) guide books.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 12:24 PM
canuck

Exactly this time last year was enjoying Mickey and Goofy with my two grand-daughters in Disneyworld...

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 12:28 PM
sandi

We were 2 days away from taking our first family trip to Europe. You all helped me put together a wonderful 2 week Italian vacation that took us from Milan to Sorrento and everywhere in between. I still look at the photos on-line and can't wait to return. My son, who was 12, still talks about going back to Venice.

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 05:04 PM
candice

Paris~having dinner at Le Violin D'Ingres~it was a perfect meal in a perfect city, the weather was perfect-maybe next year we will do it again~

Old Oct 19th, 2001, 05:58 PM
sally

Spent the morning in Spello (bellissimo), then drove to Norcia and ended up having dinner in Spoleto and finally returned to our rented villa in Bosco, just outside Perugia, Italy. A wonderful trip; so glad we were able to go, as now don't know when we will get back to that glorious country again. Sally

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 12:27 AM
Melissa

At this very day & time last year, I was settling in on a flight to Chicago from Honolulu. My seat mate was an older Russian woman who doted on me like a granddaughter!

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 07:53 AM
Frances

Exactly one year ago we were flying into New York.Bittersweet memories now- the most wonderful holiday but things will never be the same. <BR>Despite the fact that we have just cancelled our Xmas trip to Hawaii there is absolutely no doubt that we shall be back in your wonderful country as soon as we feel confident about flying again.

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 08:35 AM
Joanne

Bermuda! First visit there and we loved it. Not certain just where--St. Georges or Hamilton, but we enjoyed the whole island. People were wonderful, sites interesting, food good. All-in-all a great trip! <BR> <BR>j

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 09:22 AM
student

I was in this apartment, in this chair, getting ready for finals in December, only a few short weeks away. <BR>

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 11:14 AM
Floridian

I was so lucky to be at home in Florida this time last year, just as I would have been again this year had all the recent scares, not happened. <BR>I wish so much I could be there now.

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 11:52 AM
Sue

I was in Paris after a week in London...was "mooned" on my 50th birthday on the Champs Elysees by ?????? several young men...have to say that "51" left a lot to be desired!!!!!!

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 12:11 PM
Marion

This time last year I was driving round California & Nevada with one of my best friends (a real Thelma & Louise!). She had just recovered from breast cancer and we left her boyfriend & son at home and set off on the open road (we're from England - we don't exactly have open roads!!) - we had an absolute blast and I'm glad to say that she relaxed for the first time. <BR> <BR>Just like to say thanks to everyone we met who made it such a memorable trip!!

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 02:02 PM
Stella

This time last year we just returned from a month in Italy. We rented a villa for a month outside of Viareggio and had our children and friends visiting us on and off for the whole month! It was very memorable. At this very moment, I am supposed to be in Rome but my traveling partner cancelled out on me after the 9/11 tradgedy. I admire those who decided to go alone. I wasn't brave enough!

Old Oct 20th, 2001, 04:19 PM
ellen

A year ago today we were in Tuscany, staying in a farmhouse in Castellina in Chianti. I wish I were there now.

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 04:34 AM
erica

ahhhhh. Great question. There were alot of people travelling and many close to where I was (Viareggio and Castellina, for ex.). I was with 18 friends in a villa south of Siena. The weather was wonderfully warm, the sky clear, food and wine fabulous. Next week was a villa north of Lucca. Could easily do that whole trip again tomorrow. <BR> <BR>Keep 'em coming.

Old Oct 21st, 2001, 12:21 PM
Sonney

The wife and I were on the Orient Express headed for Venice. This was nearing the end of a three week trip starting in London and ending in Florence. AH! What memories.

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 06:55 AM
Dawn

The Cayman Islands

Old Oct 22nd, 2001, 07:07 AM
lisa

Just returning from our honeymoon in Southern Spain. Two weeks in Costa del Sol, Seville, Granada and Cordoba. It was fabulous, although we returned with a bit of the stomach flu.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -