where to visit in ireland

Old Jun 26th, 1997, 09:28 AM
mike

where to visit in ireland

I wrote a other message about what to do in kerry ireland. but I see that there is not much to do so I wrote another to see where I should go on my vacation to ireland.

Old Jun 26th, 1997, 02:47 PM
Craig

Hi Mike:
Check out NAVAN, about 15 minutes drive west of Armaugh, just across the border in the North. It's a wonderful mix of archeology and mythology and there are plenty of B&B's in St Patrick's old home town.

Old Jun 27th, 1997, 07:44 AM
Murphy

There's so much to see! If you're driving, just explore and enjoy it all. My favorites: In Co. Wicklow - Glendalough, which is an 8th century monastery in a valley -- very cool. In Co. Cork - the seaside town of Kinsale. In Co. Clare - the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren. I also enjoyed exploring Bunratty Castle. It's a non-guided tour, not crowded, and there's a "folk park" adjacent. The Dingle Peninsula - very dramatic scenery anda the Conor Pass is a most memorable drive across the peninsula -- almost a sheep path. The Ring of Kerry is pretty, but Dingle is more impressive, I think. North of Dublin, go to Newgrange - neolithic tombs. In Dublin -- visit the real pubs. Also, St. Michan's Church -- near the Guinness Brewery. It has a "cellar" of a crypt, where the bodies don't decompose! Appropriately, author Bram Stoker is in there, and they have the body of a Crusader whose finger you can rub for good luck. Enjoy everything about Ireland! E-mail me for more discussion!

Old Jun 27th, 1997, 10:00 AM
anet

Anywhere in ireland is nice

Old Jun 27th, 1997, 09:19 PM
Jim Blaul

Strongly recommend Dublin, Galway, Killarney,
Shannon (Durty Nellies-Near Bonratty Castle),
Blarney and Waterford. There are other places
but there are tops on my list