It has been a long time since I have posted and I have always really appreciated the help I have received on Fodor's Forum such as from Morgana who gave us some excellent tips on Yorkshire.
Here is my question, after spending two days on the Isle of Skye,we will be driving from Skye to Keswick England and do not want to do the drive in one day so we would like ideas for a place to spend the night and places to see along that route. I do not mind driving 4-5 hours a day these two days as we will be spending 1 week at our final destination for rest and relaxation. I have looked at guides, and I see many places I would like to stop (such as Hadrian's Wall), but I can't decide what is reasonable and do not want to miss something wonderful while we are driving down the motorway. We will be visiting in early October and we have a National Trust pass that allows us into properties of both Scotland and England as we love to view estates, especially ones that include houses and gardens. We also love beautiful scenery and off the beaten path drives and historic sites. We prefer not to stop in a large city such as Glasgow but mid size towns are okay. We are also willing to take a route off the motorway if realistic. What is a reasonable route with must see stops in between that can be accomplished in two days and will allow for us to arrive at our destination near Keswick by about 2 PM? Thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 My France Vacation
- 2 Tour Company recommendations for St. Petersburg
- 3 10 days in Cologne Munich Switzerland
- 4 Is Bologna ok for a 3 months stsy?
- 5 Car hire from Venice to Croatia and bosnia
- 6 Where to stay in Naples?
- 7 Italy Croatia Bosnia
- 8 Provence and Cote de Azure
- 9 "chunnel" to change it's offical name.
- 10 Andalusia schedule /Cordoba question
- 11 Itinerary for 4 days in Madrid
- 12 And the winner is ...India? Egypt? no, Italy!
- 13 Ronda by bus in early January?
- 14 May Germany, Switzerland, and Iceland
- 15 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 16 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 17 More time in Belgium or Germany?
- 18 10 days trip to Europe in June of 2018
- 19 London - Paris - Amsterdam trip planning help
- 20 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 21 CACHOPO, CABRALES & CARBAYONES Asturias..and "The Best Steak in The World"
- 22 Buying RER Ticket CDG-Paris
- 23 20th wedding anniversary, Le Grand Tour
- 24 Best Greek Island
- 25 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy