My husband and I are planning a 2 week trip to Greece and Turkey. We are planning on taking a ferry from the greek isles to a spot on the Turkish coast (Kusadasi, I believe - any advice on booking ferries would be greatly appreciated!) and would like to spend three or four nights somewhere near there.
The only place we know we want to see is Ephesus, but I'm not sure if people actually stay there, or stay in a town nearby? I would love recommendations.
After that we are flying to Istanbul for another 3 or 4 nights (should we spend the extra night on the coast or in Istanbul?) and are also looking for a hotel there. I would like to be near the Blue Mosque, and one thing I would really like is to have a hotel with a balcony so we can hear the call to prayer. Looking for someplace with tons of charm - not a sterile chain hotel. We can spend up to $300 per night on hotels. Thanks so much in advance for your help!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 피망맞고 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 3 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 4 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 5 GTG Paris December 2017
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 9 Barcelona to Malaga
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 12 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 13 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 14 Which Area in London?
- 15 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 16 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 17 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 18 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 19 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 20 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 21 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler
- 22 Paris November 2017
- 23 Ravenna and Mexico City...who knew?
- 24 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 25 Transportation in Brittany