Reload this Page >

Where to stay on island of Mykonos?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 08:12 AM
Kara

We will be in Mykonos in April of 2002. What is the best part of the island to stay on? Any hotel recommendations? Any comments appreciated! <BR>Thanks.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 11:34 AM
Kristi

I was on Mykonos in May of this year. We stayed at Hotel Cavo Tagoo, on the road into Hora. It was convenient to the main town (10-15 minute walk), yet far enough away that it was quiet. And the views were phenomenal - the entire hotel is built on a cliff and every room has a balcony! Feel free to email with any other questions.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 12:50 PM
Celeste

I stayed at the most charming hotel in Mykonos for only $54 per night last May. It's called Hotel Petasos Town, is about 84 steps above Mykonos with a wonderful view, the best breakfast I had in Europe, and a manager who really makes you feel your happiness is all that matters to her! They also have a Hotel Petasos Beach which is also supposed to be great. Check them both out at www.petasos.gr I would stay there again in a second!

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 04:38 PM
Diane

I stayed at Petasos Beach Hotel and recommend it highly. Excellent value. Be sure to request a room overlooking the pool and sea.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 05:07 PM
Erica

Hi Kara <BR> <BR>I second the vote for Petasos Beach Hotel! I stayed there in May and really enjoyed it. Location was great and staff is incredibly friendly. (As a side note, I originally got this hotel recommendation from Diane who posted above and was very thankful for her excellent advice!) Enjoy.

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 08:32 PM
Anna

Hey Kara, <BR> <BR>In Mykonos I choose to stay in Carbonaki hotel in the town yet in a quiet area. It is a small family-run hotel and extremely friendly staff!!! It is very clean and the location is ideal if you wish to stay in town!

Old Aug 27th, 2001, 11:46 PM
Alex

My preferred hotel in Mykons for many years (since 1991 I stay at least 1 week) is Hotel Elena, near the amphitheatre, police station and what is now the main post office. Is very clean, calm, familial (they have another hotel out of town). They have a free transfer from the airport (always in time) Is not very expensive and you get a good buffet breakfasf. It is about 3' walking from the shops & restaurants. Some rooms have a view. I recommend it! They have a page in the web.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 10:57 AM
John Relias

I do not like to say in Mykonos town because it can get very noisy and crowded. Santa Marina at Ornos Bay is a beautiful place to stay with a large pool and private beach (rocks not sand).Santa Marina is at the expensive end of the hotels, but worth the price.

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 12:57 PM
mike

i also recommend the petassos beach! view is great, breakfast is good, great staff, to/from airport/ferry transport plus catamaran to nearby beaches and delos (though they are small boats)..it's a good alternative to staying in the busy part of the town... <BR>

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 06:55 PM
Jennifer

Totally agree with the Petassos Beach Hotel. The location can't be beat since it's an easy walk to Plati Gialos Beach where you can catch boats to other beaches and Delos. Bus stops directly in front of hotel for easy access to town which is only about 10 minutes away.

Old Aug 31st, 2001, 05:48 PM
Maman

We stayed at the Princess of Mykonos, a couple of km from town; it was beautiful, very comfortable, and had a lovely buffet breakfast. The young staff could not have been more helpful.