Where to stay in Seville?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19th, 2014, 06:01 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was wondering what neighborhoods are the most centrally located in Seville? Since we will only be staying there 3 nights and we have two young children, we would like to be centrally located and be able to walk everywhere. I have just begun my apartment search there and wasn't sure what neighborhoods to look into. Thank you!
Old Feb 19th, 2014, 08:58 PM
kja

Sorry that I really can't answer your question, mmodrich -- the problem is that IME, different booking sites use different neighborhood "labels." If you get a good guide book, you can compare maps of lodging options against its maps of neighborhoods. And really, in comparison to the cost of your trip, a good guide book (or two or more) will be nominal, and good guide books can tell you SO much that you never even knew to consider!

FWIW, I strongly recommend the Rough Guide. 2nd place to the Lonely Planet.

Good luck!
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 12:24 AM

El Arenal - look to a map - is within walking distance of almost anywhere you might want from your trip. If nothing suits, work outward from that point.
Old Feb 20th, 2014, 07:26 AM

Barrio Santa Cruz is one of the most centrally located neighborhoods in the city and one of the most popular (http://www.andalucia.com/cities/sevi...osantacruz.htm).

You can also check out Explore Seville ( http://exploreseville.com ) for just about everything you need to know about Sevilla.

Spain Select has an excellent property you might be interested in that has a 3-day minimum stay required during most of the year and sleeps 4.

http://sevilla.spain-select.com/en_U...o-san-jose-iii
Old Feb 23rd, 2014, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone! This is exactly what I was looking for.
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 09:51 AM
Original Poster

One more question, I found a place that said it is located in the historical center. I'm assuming this would be a good location, or would staying somewhere like Santa Cruz or El Arenal be better?
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 01:48 PM

Santa Cruz is in the historical center.

I can also highly recommend the more local feel yet very central San Vicente/San Lorenzo district:
http://www.veoapartment.com/rent-sev...n-vicente.html
http://www.aboutsevilla.com/sevilla/itinerary5.asp
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 04:03 PM
kja

"I found a place that said it is located in the historical center" -- map it to be sure.
Old Mar 1st, 2014, 05:30 PM

If you decide to go the hotel route we stayed at the Eurostars Regina in what is called a Duplex Quadruple Room and it was great because it had 2 twin beds downstairs and then a king or queen bed upstairs with a huge terrace upstairs all connected with a spiral staircase-so it was great for a family of four.

It is super near a restaurant we loved called Eslava-not sure what neighborhood that is-it is near the center but still a little "off" so that is what really nice and quiet.

The photos on booking.com show that room the best:

http://www.booking.com/hotel/es/regi...ability_target
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Thank you everyone! Mapped it and it is centrally located. Question about Eslava because it sounds delicious - do you think it is kid friendly? Or is it a high end restaurant?
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 06:31 AM

Eslava is in the San Vicente/San Lorenzo area, excellent and local atmosphere residential area with some great tapas bars and restaurants. I use to stay close to here.

Kids are everywhere in restaurants and tapas bars in Spain, but perhaps the bustling and noisy tapas bar at Eslava is more fun for the kids than the more "elegant" restaurant next door. http://azahar-sevilla.com/sevilletapas/2008/02/eslava/
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...Andalucia.html
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 07:15 AM

Yes-I especially think eslava might be a good choice for the kids at lunch. Also, if folks haven't mentioned it, "dinner" tapas generally are late so hopefully the kids are kind of night owls.

We were surprised how late we saw young kids maybe 3-4 years old running around the plazas at night like at 9-10PM or so. And we were there during school season. As you probably know Spain is all about late night eating
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

Perfect! Thank you so much! That makes me feel better. I'm thinking we will just go with the flow there and let our kids stay up late with the hopes they will sleep in a little bit. Haha. We will see. They are 2 1/2 and 4 1/2. I read that most restaurants are kid friendly except for the very high end restaurants?
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 10:37 AM

Yes-I don't have kids so am not tuned into that kind of stuff so much, but compared to France where we live part time I would say that Spain is much more "bring kids with" than France. And don't forget that since Seville is generally a warm climate, there are lots of kind of casual, outdoor kind of options as well and cafes, etc. that are kid friendly.

I am so glad you are bringing your kids traveling at this age-it is a really fun time-we have traveled with friends with kids that age and somehow it makes it easier to actually strike up conversations with folks-hate to say it, but kid of good travel props
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 11:07 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
If you can find this restaurant, I think you will be very happy and it will not break the bank. vineriasantelmo.com
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 12:00 PM
Original Poster

I'm loving all the support from everyone. Thank you! I feel like the earlier I expose them to new places and cultures, the better. When my husband and I were in Croatia last year, we saw a lot of toddlers traveling with their kids and I thought to myself, let's go for it! And excellent point about the outdoor cafés!
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 01:07 PM

We stayed a week in a fantastic 2-bedroom apartment in a great location about 1.5 years ago; I have the link in this report. I also have information on our experiences at Eslava, San Telmo, and other restaurants. I imagine the tapas bars are kid friendly but probably best to try for table seating, rather than along the bar/counter.

http://www.fodors.com/community/euro...and-malaga.cfm
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 03:45 PM

ekscrunchy-wonderful report-thanks so much for all the details. We hope to go back to Spain next year so I was so happy to see your report!
Old Mar 2nd, 2014, 08:18 PM

Bookmarking