Reload this Page >

Where to stay in Rome, Florence, Venice and Italy

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 07:11 PM
Rakesh

We are planning to visit Italy from August 31st to Sep 1-. We plan to stay 3 nights each in Rome,Florence and Venice and 1 night in Milan. I am not sure which hotel we should stay. We would like to stay at the place which is central to sighseeing but at the same time we want to stay at the place where we won't hear traffic noises when we sleep. We can go between 125-225$ a night.<BR><BR>Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.<BR><BR>Thanks,<BR><BR>Rakesh

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 08:50 PM
Rex

Rome - del Senato is a good bet, but ask for rooms in the back.<BR><BR>Venuce - in general, no (boat) "traffic" noise anywhere in La Serenissima (a nickname for the city, especially at night). Of course, there IS no vehicular traffic noise, except maybe in Mestre or on Lido (I don't recommend either one). I do recommend the Bonvecchiati as a hotel generally. Alas, it seems to be getting more expensive every year, and maybe resting on its laurels.<BR><BR>Both of these are at the upper end of your desired price range.<BR><BR>Florence and Milan - - the only two hotels I know from personal experience do not meet your criteria.<BR><BR>But check www.venere.com for all four cities.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 12:42 PM
up

up to the top<BR>

Old Jul 3rd, 2002, 04:42 PM
vicki

We just got back from Rome and stayed at the Albergo del Senato. The hotel was fabulous, as was the concierge, Salvatore. We were on the sixth floor with a view out on to the square and the Pantheon, which was to die for. The noise was no problem at all - dont give up the view.

Old Jul 4th, 2002, 09:18 AM
Tom

Agree with thumbs up for del Senato<BR>