Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Where to Stay in Paris with Family
Notices

Where to Stay in Paris with Family

May 20th, 2013, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Where to Stay in Paris with Family

I am travelling with my family of 4 to take a quick visist to Paris in July, coming in from London by Eurostar and back after 3 days.

Need advise on where I can stay with my family to see the main landmarks in Paris and close to metro stations or hop on/hop off buses. Places I can make a quick transit from gare du nord station is highly recommended.

Thanks
May 20th, 2013, 02:57 PM

Hi Cicily,

my technique when travelling on eurostar and therefore wanting to get to and from the gare du nord easily, is to look for hotels i can get to on the RER B line - ie within walking distance of Chatelet les Halles, Notre Dame -St. Michel, and Luxembourg. for a first trip, I'd rule out the latter so it's then a matter of looking at hotels within your budget either on the right bank [Chatelet-les-Halles] or the left bank [Notre Dame-St. Michel].

on the right bank we've stayed at the Hotel Britannique, and on the left at the Hotel europe st Severin. either give superb access to the metro and to most of what you're going to want to see in 3 days.

Venere.com and booking.com are good places to start to find suitable hotels.
May 20th, 2013, 03:16 PM

They may or may not be a better bargain but I would price compare the eurostar/hotel packages before booking separately.

Not living in or near London I don't pay much attention to them, but there seem to be many adverts in the weekend newspapers, easy to find on Google.

Eurostar also offers their own train/hotel packages.

Search this Thread