Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

where to stay in Paris and London with 30 year old granddaughter?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:18 AM
Barbara

Taking 13 yr. old granddaughter to London and Paris mid August. Any suggestions on accomodations in good locations with some privacy for her, but not taking 2 rooms. Would love to get by on less than $200 a nite. But may go more if have to. Do any of the large US chain hotels that you may have used have good accomodations for 3? May use some Frequent flyer points for hotels, but will probably run into date available problems. Thanks for any suggestions.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:24 AM
Rex

Post your corrections as answers to yourself - - not as new threads - - they will end up widely separated.<BR><BR>typo in message about granddaughter. Is 13 not 30.<BR> <BR>Author: Barbara ([email protected])<BR>Date: 04/01/2002, 02:21 pm<BR>Message: New to this board, so don't even know if my question got on the correct board. Granddaughter is 13, not 30.<BR><BR>===================================<BR> <BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex Bickers<BR>Westerville, Ohio<BR><BR> <BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:27 AM
StCirq

For under $200 you can get two lovely "chambres communicantes" at the H&ocirc;tel Duquesne in the 7me. That's two separate rooms, each with its own bath, connected by a common hallway. The hotel was entirely renovated a couple of years ago, is decorated with gorgeous prven&ccedil;al fabrics, and the bathrooms are posh. If you need loads of space, this isn't the right choice for you, as the rooms are more typically Parisian size than American size, but the chambre communicante arrangement works well and it's a <BR>delightful hotel.

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:46 AM
Now

Now, poor simple xxx has posted an "instruction" to Barbara, on how to do corrections. On the OTHER post!<BR><BR>Thus topping IT!<BR><BR>Talk about the pot calling the kettle black!<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:51 AM
trol

Again with the trollers and trollees

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:58 AM
Too funny

Barbara's original post is no troll!<BR><BR>But this thread is off to such a bad start, she ought to re-post and try starting all over again.<BR><BR>ROFLMAO!<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 12:57 PM
Once again

Once again, the OTHER post gets topped and not this one. Do NOT top the other one!<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:00 PM
confused

I am so confused!<BR><BR>Is the grandmother 30 or is the granddaughter?<BR><BR>Is she taking 13 grandchildren to Paris?<BR><BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:06 PM
CJ

Give the poor lady a break people! She is a grandmother. And we know she is a really nice grandmother since she is taking her granddaughter to Paris and concerned about choosing the right hotel for her. Have some respect!

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:08 PM
Jill

I loved the BEST WESTERN "Gardens" in Paris. I've stayed there twice. Charming hotel...29 rooms.<BR>Jill

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 02:10 PM
Really

The grandmother is 13 and she has 30 grandchildren.<BR><BR>She had sextuplet girls when she was 7, and each of those girls had quintuplets when they were 6.<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 03:00 PM
A la recherche

Still looking for any actual answers!<BR><BR>Well, besides the one.<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 09:35 PM
Still topping

to the top<BR>

Old Apr 1st, 2002, 10:19 PM
ttt

This thread doesn't seem to have a fighting chance of ever getting answered.<BR>

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 01:25 AM
Let's nominate

for hapless thread of the week!<BR>

Old Apr 3rd, 2002, 11:01 PM
up

a nightly ritual<BR>