Where to stay in Mykonos

Search

Where to stay in Mykonos

Search this Thread

Old Nov 16th, 2005, 06:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay in Mykonos

I have to decided to add Mykonos along with my pending trip to Santorini. In Santorini I will stay at the Lucas because of its proximity to all the nightlife and beautiful views and was looking for the same in Mykonos. Any suggestions.
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 01:55 PM

Hello BocaBob

If you stay in town and want beautiful views the hotels on the small hill surrounding town are good. Hotels in the Tagoo area are good for this requirement.

On Fodors I always recommend the Rochari area which is about 7 minutes walk to the centre of town and the port. It is quiet here with a small outdoor theatre and trees.

There are some good hotels in this area for different budgets. Look at Belvedere Hotel, Hotel Rochari, Elena Hotel and the Semeli Hotel. The final two are on the the little pathway down from Hotel Rochari & Belvedere Hotel. All have good views over the town and sea but first two places are a few paces higher so offer best. Specify always that you want a room with a sea view.

Also in Rochari area is the Carbonaki Hotel. This is family run, but it has no sea/town views.

Be careful choosing hotles higher as it can be difficult climb if it is very hot weather and maybe not good for peoples who are difficult to walk.

If you need more information about our island, please ask me.

thanos
Old Nov 16th, 2005, 02:58 PM

Cavo Tagoo. They have a website. I loved it. Great rooms, great service, and walking distance to town.
Old Nov 22nd, 2005, 04:31 PM

Ok, just saw this post - glad to hear Mykonos is on your list too!

We stayed at Harmony Hotel which was a beautiful new hotel right near the port. We were very happy with it, but staying right in town might be a bit more convenient to nightlife & also the buses to the beaches. For us it was about 5 minute walk to town, 10-15 to the bus to the beaches (longer if we got lost on the cobblestone streets, which we always seemed to do but never minded!!!)

If Belvedere fits your budget, I've read that is one of the hippest places to stay...but it was a bit out of our price range when we traveled during July of last year.
Old Nov 24th, 2005, 02:01 PM

We stayed at the Hotel Rochari last year and found it nice and convenient. Hotel was nice, staff was friendly and the location gave you a view overlooking the town but not too high. It was only a few minutes walk to the center of town.

The owners have aquired another hotel nearby called Little Rochari.