Where to stay in London?

Old Jan 12th, 1998, 04:29 PM
Tony

Where to stay in London?

I'm about to start an extended stay in London and the $200+ dollar hotel rates are way out of my budget. Anyone got a great inventive alternate with a contact. B&B or maybe an apartment or flat rental? I'd like to be or or less on my own, so sharing a room isn't a good option for me. Well, let me know. Thanks.

Old Jan 13th, 1998, 09:04 AM
roger

Tony, there are many small family run hotels in and around London for around $100 per night. These tend to be small, old but clean. Normally you will also get a full english breakfast included. Another, even cheaper way is to rent an apartment. You can find out about these by writing to the British Tourist Authority or search the net. If you rent an apartment you will have to send them a chech in Pounds before hand but that is easy to do. Let me know if I can be of additional help. Good luck.

Old Jan 28th, 1998, 09:36 PM
Kathy Sutherland

The Swiss House Hotel on Old Brompton Road is
quite nice. Be sure to specify a room with a
bath if that is important to you as all rooms
do not have private baths. There is a breakfast
included and you are close to two underground
stations and not far from Hyde Park and Harrod's.

Old Jan 31st, 1998, 01:56 PM
L Gilkes

Do you have any further information about the Swiss House Hotel on Old Brompton Rd such as the address or email? We're a mother and 21 year old daughter. Would this hotel be appropriate? Thanks for your reply.

Old Feb 1st, 1998, 07:42 PM
Tom Utic

My wife, two teenage girls and I found budget accomodations in suburban London through an agency that book rooms for foreign students studying in language schools. We stayed in a large house in Ealing that offered B&B (dinner if desired) for about 120 pounds per person per week. I would recommend it if you don't mind the 20 min. tube ride to get to central London and can appreciate a boarding house atmosphere. The name of the agency is London Solutions. They have a web page, but I've forgotten the address.

Old Feb 1st, 1998, 07:44 PM
Erin Morris

My husband & I will be in London at the end of March and we are interested in a somewhat modern hotel(with bath in the room) for an affordable price. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.