Where to stay in London

Old May 17th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where to stay in London

Hi Folks,
First time to London. Where do u suggest we stay in London . Looking to be in the heart
of things.Also looking at Costco pkg w air and rooms The Sofitel is on the list
of hotels! The pkg is 4 nghts London and 4 nights Paris. Same question goes for Paris
please.

Many Thanks,
Ellen
Old May 17th, 2014, 10:02 AM

Which Sofitel, how many is "I", when are you visiting, what are you looking for in a hotel, what is your budget (in GBP for London, EUR in Paris)?
Old May 17th, 2014, 10:05 AM

We have stayed at the Grosvenor Hotel "attached" to the Victoria train and tube station. Although it has been a number of years since staying there, we found it to be a good hotel and extremely convenient to the tube and train.
Old May 17th, 2014, 10:30 AM

Received 25 Likes on 3 Posts
I suggest you book the package and choose the best hotel option you can afford that's not on the edge of either city. Consider this a reconnaissance trip on which you'll explore and discover which parts of both cities are your favorites for your next visit.

London has many "hearts" and the center of Paris is obvious, call it Notre Dame Cathedral. So a quick look at a map will tell you which hotels are most central. Do choose the best you can afford, a style you like, and simply go from there. You'll have a great time and a package can solve many decision-making issues well, if not perfectly.
Old May 17th, 2014, 03:06 PM

In London we like the South Kensington area. The hotel I've liked best is the Millennium Gloucester, right beside the Gloucester Road tube stop which has three tube lines. We have also stayed at the Park International just up the street on Cromwell Road. It was fine and included free breakfast.

In Paris, we stayed at the Parc St. Severin on rue de la Parchemenerie. It is in the Latin Quarter (5th Arr.) and within walking distance of the St. Michel metro stop as well as Notre Dame and Ste. Chappelle.
Old May 17th, 2014, 05:00 PM

In London I would want to be closer to the center - Kightsbridge, Mayfair, Covent Garden, etc. But - it all depends on your budget.

The key is that London is a very large spread out city and you don't want to be more than 3 tube stops from Picadilly or Trafalgar square.
Old Aug 27th, 2014, 10:08 AM
Original Poster

Plan has changed back to Bangkok solo.

Thank u for your replies!