Where to Stay in Dublin? And what to do? JUNE

Notices

Old Feb 5th, 2020, 02:10 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello
My husband and I are traveling with out 1 year old son in June and staying 3 nights in Dublin. We usually are Air BnB people but we also love a boutique hotel. We are from NYC and live in Brooklyn and so we hate touristy crowds and things geared towards a show. We love authentic and real neighborhoods. I also nee it to be quiet a night for the kid the sleep. Any suggestions? What are the current Air BnB laws there? Are they as bad as NYC now?
Any suggestions for things to do while we are there?
Thanks in advance
Old Feb 5th, 2020, 03:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
At Christmas the local Dublin news said there were 1000 more airbnb listings since the crackdown. I know someone that has three rentals and has been trying to sell or rent long term but the Hard Rock is opening a hotel next door and Dublin castle is across the street. It isn't for the average family. The one bedroom is for sale at 200,000. Our other friends rent out rooms to medical students. That being said many are still renting and she said there has been no crackdown. I am not saying you should do an airbnb just telling you what we know. Since you don't want a busy touristy area I would stay in Howth or Malahide or go south to another coastal community where you could catch the dart into Connelly station. Get a leap card and ride the dart, bus or luas. That time of year you will have a lot of light and longer days. If you stay in the city then just make sure you are on a luas route. That is my fav way to get around.

Last edited by Macross; Feb 5th, 2020 at 03:33 PM.
Old Feb 6th, 2020, 01:09 AM

I like Rathmines. It's an easy bus ride into the city, and there is also the Green Line Luas tram from the Ranelagh or Beechwood stops. On a nice day it's also within walking distance of the city centre.

Old Feb 6th, 2020, 03:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ballsbridge might be ok also.

Ballsbridge and Donnybrook
Safe, affluent and residential, the quieter neighborhood is well connected to downtown Dublin by bus, so it is easy to get around without having to deal with the crowds at every hour of the day.
Old Feb 8th, 2020, 07:20 PM

I like Ballsbridge when Iím in Dublin. The homes are lovely, there are restaurants, grocery stores and pubs within walking distance and transit is convenient. With a 1 year old, I imagine youíd want to be outdoors as much as possible. Take the Dart to Bray or Dun Laogharie to enjoy lunch and see the boats. Go to the zoo in Phoenix Park or feed the birds in St. Stephenís Green. Visit Howth. If the weather is bad there is a natural history museum as well as numerous art museums. Three days isnít too much time. Youíll find plenty to keep yourselves occupied.