We will be ending our 3 week trip to France by flying out from Marseille (we booked open jaw tickets into Paris and out of Marseille). We will be in Paris, Normandy and Provence. I have blocked off the last 3 nights to stay somewhere near Marseille to catch our return flight. Ideally, I am looking for something near the beach so we can relax by the sea before flying home (we are 2 adults and 2 kids, ages 8 and 10). .
I am having trouble figuring out lodging for these last 3 nights. It doesn't sound like the beaches in Marseille are that nice. We have been to Nice on a previous trip so I am less interested in staying in a city proper like Marseille (although I do want to try bouillabaisse!). Cassis looks like a pretty town and I am intrigued by visitng the calanques (although it seems like they are only "viewable" by boat - not sure my kids could hike into the national park). Can anyone recommend a good place to stay close to a nice beach? (not sure if the beaches are only pebble beaches). We want to be within 45 minutes of MRS airport. Note that we will be driving from Les Baux area so anywhere from the Blue Coast to Cassis would work. I would prefer a 1 bdrm so the kids have their own sleeping area.
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 2 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 3 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 4 Which Area in London?
- 5 family trip to Germany and more
- 6 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 7 Trains - website?
- 8 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 9 Paris Apartment
- 10 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Barcelona to Malaga
- 13 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 14 Milan airport--which one
- 15 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 16 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 17 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 18 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.
- 19 1st time to Europe
- 20 Paris November 2017
- 21 Can only visit one (maybe two) cities. Which one?
- 22 A Merry marvelousmouse, and (likely more than one) cup of good cheer!
- 23 Three nights in the Italian Riviera: hiking in Camogli with day trips
- 24 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 25 St, Goar or Bacharach
Where to stay for short family beach getaway near Marseille?