This is my first time posting here, although from time to time I check the forums to get ideas about traveling. My husband and I are going to be in Paris and Belgium this summer (May 28-June 12) to celebrate our anniversary. I am spending some time doing research in England right before, and I will be spending 5 weeks in Brussels afterward, so we're hoping to spend some exploring together in between. We're planning to spend 6 nights in Paris (May 28-June 3) and then head to Bruges for 2 nights (afternoon of 6/3- after dinner 6/4), one night (6/5) and morning until after dinner in Ghent (6/5), and then EITHER one night in Antwerp (6/6) and day until dinner and the rest of the time in Brussels (6/7-6/12, five nights) OR we can head directly to Brussels on the 6th and stay there through the 12, possibly taking a day trip to Antwerp. Any suggestions for how to make the best use of our time in Belgium while still seeing things as much as we can in 8.5 days/9 nights?
In general, we like to see things at a manageable pace (i.e. we decided on 6 nights in Paris instead of 5, assuming that we will probably be back to visit again, although we haven't seen it before) and want to spend at least 4 full days in Brussels exploring. We haven't been to Belgium before and kind of want to get a feel for as much of it as we reasonably have time for without driving ourselves too crazy with traveling. We like seeing new things. I realize there's no way to see any city in just a few days or even a week and we aren't trying to see everything, but this is the time that we have and we want to make the most of it without driving ourselves crazy. Also, I really want to see Paris, and it'd be fun to see Belgium together before I work there for 5 weeks (he'll be back in the USA while I'm working in England and Belgium).
Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Christmas day lunch in prague
- 2 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 3 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 4 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann 2017
- 5 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 6 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 7 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 8 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 11 beware of robbed in Milan
- 12 Lost property at Fiumicino airport Rome
- 13 Where to stay for Mont Saint-Michel
- 14 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 15 GTG Paris December 2017
- 16 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 17 Barcelona to Malaga
- 18 Wedding In Cambridge England
- 19 Which Area in London?
- 20 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 21 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 22 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 23 Copying a post on Swiss gondolas.
- 24 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 25 Anthropology and Archeology for the Turkey Traveler