Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where to shop for hip & trendy clothing in paris? Any particular area with boutiques of this sort?

Search

Where to shop for hip & trendy clothing in paris? Any particular area with boutiques of this sort?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 05:12 PM
mixer

Where can you shop in Paris that's different from stores in U.S.? Hip and trendy stores.

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 06:11 PM
Fred

H & M – on Blvd Haussmann between Printemps and Galeries Lafayette. For more Paris information e-mail me – [email protected] <BR> <BR> <BR>

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 07:18 PM
hippy

here's my problem-i'm a size 14.translate THAT into soze 1,2,0r3 in paris and you get rien,nada,zero. where does a girl go? <BR>here's a poem i made up while staying in paris for school: <BR> <BR>taille trois, taille trois <BR>tres jolie mais, pas pour moi <BR> <BR>fini merci bien mes amis

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 07:48 PM
elvira

Blvd St Michel/Blvd St Germaine area has lots of "au courant" shops. Designer shops, of course, along rue due Faubourg St Honore. There are a lot of stores in the Forum des Halles, but they tend toward pleasing teenagers, so you won't see the future in fashion. Lots of shoe stores in the 7eme, as well as clothing boutiques.

Old Aug 19th, 2001, 10:05 PM
Surlok

If what you want is "avant garde" fashion, look for boutiques in the Marais. The designer stores are moving to Faubourg Saint Germain, mostly the ones geared towards the young and beautiful people, like Agnes B. The older ladies still shop at Fb. St. Honore and Bv. Saint Germain. <BR> <BR>Have a look at Rue de Rennes, and vicinity. You shall find what you want there. Forget Les Halles. There's nothing different than what you find in the States. At Boulevard Saint Michel you'll find many stores, at less expensive prices. <BR> <BR>For leather acessories, have a look at Rue du Temple, in the Marais district. <BR> <BR>Other than this, keep your eyes open. There are many small boutiques, with small windows, that are real finds anywhere in Paris. <BR> <BR>Good look, and wonderful shopping! <BR> <BR>Surlok

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 06:05 AM
JD

Pro Mod is a fave story of mine that is in many cities in Europe - you can check them out on the web at www.promod.com to see inventory, but, sadly, they do not ship to the US so you can only look. it will give you a good idea of their style and prices though.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 07:53 AM
ilene

In the 6e arrondisement the St. Germain des Pres area has a lot of trendy boutiques. On the right bank there are also great stores in the Marais (comparable to Soho in NY). I don't think you'll find any large department stores in these areas but lots of cute boutiques.

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 08:00 AM
Larisa

Try MORGAN, it's the chain that has shops in all areas of Paris, also other european cities. Trendy clothes, some are very good, and prices are pretty modest. Think Zara, but I like them much more. Not available in US. No WEB site. <BR>My friends and myself always find something for ourselves and our teen girls

Old Aug 20th, 2001, 09:05 AM
s.fowler

Is this the Morgan you are talking about? http://www.morgan.fr/