Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page > Where to rent a cottage between Cotswolds & Kent?

Where to rent a cottage between Cotswolds & Kent?

Jul 27th, 2007, 11:01 AM
Original Poster

Where to rent a cottage between Cotswolds & Kent?

I'm planning on spending a week next spring with a car & want to tour the Cotswolds & Kent/Sussex areas. I'd like to rent a cottage mid-point between the two areas. Any ideas of towns/areas to look?? Websites for rentals??
Thanks!
Jul 27th, 2007, 11:11 AM

Do I understand youi want to rent one cottage that is convenient to both Kent and Gloucestershire? No place would fit that. Well, you could stay somewhere near Salisbury or Winchester - but you'd have some serious driving distances/times for your exploring. Not really practical.

If you only have a week and want to explore both areas - stay in B&Bs 3 days in the Cotswolds and 4 days in kent or vice versa.

Or - some cottages will rent short breaks in the off season. You could rent a Cotswold Cottage for 3 or 4 days and Kent cottage for the rest.

Jul 27th, 2007, 11:14 AM

That is a huge area to want to cover in a week. Half way between the two would still mean a lot of driving to get to either one. I suggest you either choose to concentrate on one of the two areas you want to see, or look into hotels within the areas and split your week between them.
Jul 27th, 2007, 11:16 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Janis. Yes you are right in your assumptions. My assumption was that the drives would not be too great. I'll look into short term cottages in each area. I'm sure I'll have lots more questions as I research.

Search this Thread