Where to park and eat in Bayeux for Overlord tour

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14th, 2018, 04:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I plan to take the afternoon half day Overload tour of the D-Day sites out of Bayeux. It starts at 1:45pm and ends around 6pm.
We will be driving into Bayeux in the morning, touring the town, having lunch, then going on the tour and having dinner after before returning to La Ferme Du Pressoir Guest House where we are staying.
Where would be the best place to park?
And I also would appreciate any suggestions on where to have lunch and dinner.
Old Feb 14th, 2018, 09:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There is free parking for quite a few cars along the D572 (I think this is also called bd Leclerc) just SW of parc Michel Ornano. YOu could walk into the center from there as I walked from the train station and it's not far from there. Otherwise, there is a parking lot at place aux Pommes which isn't too far from the Tourist office and probably about where your tour starts (maybe place de Quebec?). I think spaces are free there. There are some parking spots on the streets here and there, paying (I don't know the rules), also. There are a few across the street from Au Ptit Bistrot, for example, on rue Larcher near the cathedrale. I suppose you could eat lunch there, I think I did but I'm not a foodie and don't take special note usually of restaurants or what I eat or where, in detail. It was good enough as I recall. This is their website
https://www.facebook.com/auptitbistrot/