Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

where to park a car in or very near bellagio?

Mar 10th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

the metropole hotel has no parking facilities. anyone know where we can leave a car cheaply for most of 3 full days?
Mar 11th, 2006, 02:22 AM

Hi

We are dropping our car off in Como downtown office and then picking it up again from there, so we don't pay 3 days hire we don't need
Mar 11th, 2006, 05:22 AM
Doble_Vergasser

I would ask the Metropole for help. I am sure that they have had this question before.

There is auto repair garage just beside the train station in Varenna. I would bet for a few euro per day they would let you store it.

There are two public parking lots in Bellagio but there is no guarantee of availability or cost.

Mar 11th, 2006, 12:24 PM

The one time we brought a car we parked it up by Villa Serbelloni. Drop your stuff @ Metropole first; it's a coupla blocks' walk.
Mar 11th, 2006, 12:47 PM

We found a spot around the corner from the waterfront and left it there for 3 days -- across from the Villa Serbelloni. Not a big deal, but may depend on what time of year you are visiting ?
Mar 11th, 2006, 03:28 PM
Original Poster

thank you for your ideas. scheduled to drop car at linate after bellagio visit. if i drop in como before bellagio (4 days earlier)...it will cost more for the rental! i guess where you pick-up and drop is a big factor in price. metropole told me the public parking is 1 euro/hour. 24 hours x 4 days is over $100. villa serbelloni sounds like a possibility. what is it, and why would one be able to park there? i also did think of leaving it in varenna, but didn't know where.
Mar 13th, 2006, 11:40 AM

We were in Bellagio for 4 days last September and parked our car along the road that runs up from the ferry pier. The name escapes me, but it's the winding road that runs up through the Parco Comunale - I believe it's the only left hand turn you can make if you're coming down Lungo Manzoni (water on your right). You can park right on the street for free, with no time limit. We stayed at La Limonera and they recommended using that parking. It turned out fine - no tickets, no theft - and it's close enough that if you were worried, you could stroll by to check on it.
Mar 14th, 2006, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

another option! thank you. cfs how was la limonera?
Jun 3rd, 2006, 11:15 AM
Original Poster

resurrecting this 3/06 posting because we are leaving tomorrow. anyone have experience with bellagio parking?
Jun 3rd, 2006, 12:29 PM

To answer one of your earlier questions, the Villa Serbelloni is one of the other hotels in Bellagio.