Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where to meet my parents at Charles de Gaulle Airport?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6th, 2004, 11:18 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are flying separately and meeting my parents at Charles de Gaulle Airport. We arrive 2 hours before them so have plenty of time to find them I think. We fly American (terminal 2A arrival I believe) and they fly Northwest (terminal 1 arrival I believe). Can anyone confirm these arrival terminals for these airlines (Airline websites are not showing arrival terminal information at CDG, maybe because of the part that is closed from the collapse?)

When we meet at airports in the U.S. it is easy and foolproof to tell them "meet you at your flight's baggage claim", but I don't think we can do this in a foreign country where you have to pick up your bags before you go through immigration and customs and where "meeters" do not have access. I think I will tell them to stop and wait when they get to the part of the airport where the limosine drivers are holding the signs with peoples names. Doesn't every airport in every country have that? Any other suggestions for a foolproof meeting place at CDG that even my parents who don't speak French at all can find and that we coming from another terminal there will have access to?
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 11:21 AM

Hi, you can check departure/arrival info for CDG here:

http://query.adp.fr/HDV/HDV/fr/horaires.aspx
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 11:30 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much. I have booked this to my "favorites". Any suggestions of where to meet them?
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 11:42 AM
ira

Hi laurie,

Go to http://www.adp.fr/webadp/a_cont01.nsf/$$Affich@ReadForm&cle=X5005A05A3.html

This will give you a map of CDG 1 (along with other info)

You meet your parents on level 5 at gate 36.

The elevators to the parking lots are at gate 12.
Old Jul 6th, 2004, 11:54 AM

Laurie, Northwest still flys into terminal 1. You will not be able to go all the way to the gate where they land without a ticket and they will be in a secure area anyway. You will need to take a shuttle bus to terminal 1 from terminal 2.

Terminal 1 is a circle so you cant go the wrong way and there are two places where people come out from flights both on the same level so it is easy to find. The terminal has multiple levels. Just board the elevator and select the arrivals level of the terminal. When you exit the elevator you should see signs in the main hall. Once you have gotten to the arrivals area, You will see double glass doors with people exiting with luggage carts. This is where your parents will come out once they have cleared immigration and gotten their luggage. Check the monitor above or near the door to make sure that is where they will come out. If unsure just ask at the help desk. Expect a bit of disorganisation due to construction and renovation of the terminal so dont hesistate to ask.

I have also noticed that they often remove the flights on the arrival screen a short time after the flight arrives and often before people have actually exited from the flight. Expect your parents to come out 30 to 45 mins after the flight lands.