Reload this Page >

Where to go in November?

Search

Where to go in November?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 03:55 PM
Pam

Where to go in November?

Wanting a relaxing, yet fun-filled honeymoon vacation in November. We have considered many different locations...Greece, Turkey, Spain. Any thoughts or recommendations? <BR> <BR>

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 09:41 PM
Martha B

November is past the tourist season in Europe. In fact, many of the tourist facilities are closed down entirely. You cannot count on good weather, even in the Asian part of Turkey. On the other hand, if you're talking about late November, the risk of hurricanes in the Caribbean will be extremely low. Personally, I'd finesse the trip to Europe and go to Martinique, which is technically a part of France. Congratulations, and have a wonderful time!

Old Jul 4th, 1999, 10:32 PM
Myriam

Pam, <BR>If you really want to come to Europe the only option for relatively nice beach-weather are the Canary Islands. If I were you I would follow the suggestion of Martha B for Martinique, Guadeloupe or Saint-Martin (the last one is partly French/partly Dutch).

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 12:32 AM
April

There's something to be said for going to a place off season. I don't mind bad weather necessarily especially if it means avoiding the tourist hoards. We found it chilly at times in Greece in September and I think that a lot would be closed down by November. You don't mention if you're looking for beaches. If not, how about Rome? <BR>

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 03:03 AM
mustang81

Last November (around Thanksgiving in US) we went to Switzerland/Germany/Austria/Italy and had extraordinary weather the entire trip. But I know that is not the norm. The Jungfrau area was crystal clear, thus, spectacular. Cinque Terre was warm and also very clear. Hallstadt was beautiful. The only problem we encountered was, as Martha stated, many places were closed for the off season. We like to stay in at least one Castle each trip, I looked for months before our trip but could not find one castle that was taking reservations in the areas where we were traveling. With the exception of the castle hotel, we don't make advanced reservations, so we did experience a few challenges with lodging. The zimmers and guest house signs were plentiful but when we stopped they were not prepared for guests that time of year. Good news was that we never had to sleep in the car.

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 05:50 AM
maria

Pam, <BR> <BR>We spent 2 weeks in Spain last November and had great weather but we are not beach bums and did not even bother with the Costa del Sol but rather rambled through Madrid, then Southern Spain (Sevilla, Granada, Cordoba,Ronda, etc..) I can't say enough wonderful things about our trip. We celebrated our 20th wedding anniversary at the Alhambra Palace in Granada where Princess Grace went for her honewymoon.It was my husband's first trip to Spain and we are planning our next trip already (we think it will take at least 4 or 5 trips to see all the different regions of Spain thoroughly). Write me directly if you want more info...Maria

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 09:10 AM
koala

Remember -- November is summer in Australia (or south of the equator), have you considered that? <BR>

Old Jul 5th, 1999, 09:21 AM
JoAnn

I went to Southern Spain (Andalucia) in November and it was fantastic. There were a mixed of pleasant days (70's deg F) and somewhat cool (high 50's deg F). No lines in the Alhambra, no traffic in Gibraltar, quiet roads up to the White Towns, no waiting at recommended restaurants, and the store clerks were relaxed and willing to make a deal. We had the best time.

Old Jul 8th, 1999, 04:22 AM
topper

!