Where to go in late November?

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 10:44 AM
Marthe

Where to go in late November?

Seasoned travelers seeking destination for 7 to 10 days over Thanksgiving where the weather is still pleasant. First idea was Amalfi Coast but looking for other suggestions.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 11:02 AM
Marthe

PS: We're budget-minded, see-and-do alot urban walkers for which 2 to 3 star hotels are just fine.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Maira

Head out to Andalucia, Spain!!! Great hotels in Marbella, Sevilla, Granada at great prices, sightseeing at leisure pace, and restaurants without long waiting lnes. I first visited Andalucia in Nov 92 and the weather was great; in the 60's - 70's during the daytime (AM's more in the 50's). Loved it!! Consider making Marbella or Seville your home base with side trips to Granada, Cordova, Ronda, Mijas, Gibraltar, and the Route of the White Towns. Have fun planning!

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 11:09 AM
John

Spain costa del sol area or Malta both off season resorts but weather is still good good prices and good value

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 11:14 AM
Uncle Sam

How about Turkey?

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 04:57 PM
Gaia

Do you really want to go to Europe in November??? Believe me it is cold and wet. There are better destinations worldwide.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:13 PM
Linda

I was in Germany, Czech Republic and Hungary in October/November one year; and in Austria and Poland in December another year. The weather was in the 40's and 50's both times and it was great with fewer tourists and costs. If you have never been to Christmas market in Germanic countries, you owe it to yourself to go--great Gluewein, food, shopping and fun.

Old Jul 15th, 2002, 05:16 PM
Christina

My husband & I went to Italy over Thanksgiving last year. We went to Rome, Florence, Pisa (day trip), & Venice. It was cold (30-50's), but mostly sunny. It only rained one day while we were in Florence.

Although it was cold, it was great because there weren't any long lines & you could take your time in the museums.