Where to go in Europe with 3 kids?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2003, 04:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I will be in Europe for the first time in late September and Early October, traveling with our three boys, 8, 11 and 15. We have tickets into and out of Heathrow and have a hotel in London for five nights. We have a total of 10 more nights after that.

We want to spend a few days in Scotland, but are trying to decide where else to visit on the continent. We've discussed Belgium, France, Italy, Spain and Switzerland.

We have some fluency in Spanish. Since this may be our only trip to Europe with our entire family together, I would like to visit the very best place(s) for a family. Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 05:55 PM

We've taken our boys to Germany and Italy and had great times in both places; are off to France next week with them as well. It depends on what they want to see....our boys were getting ready to study european and ancient history in school so they liked southern Germany and Rome. Lots to see, plenty of variety but get a younger tour guide with a sense of humor if possible. We're going to do 5 days in Normandy and 6 in Paris. I always "assign" them one or two places on the trip to investigate and become the expert on - gets them enthused and ready to show off a little. have fun!
Old Jul 27th, 2003, 06:04 PM

Well,if they like canoeing and kayaking and rock climbing and prehistoric caves and castles and great food and interesting small museums and beautiful towns and hiking and horseback riding and whatnot, I'd take them to the Dordogne.
But there is no "very best place" for a family, per se, unless the family describes what it is that constitutes "very best" for itself.
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 12:35 AM
ira

Hi

Paris, Paris, Paris.

Take the Eurostar (www.eurostar.com).
Old Jul 28th, 2003, 01:33 AM

I have on disc files on what Fodors parents have said their children liked in London and in Paris, and can gladly e-mail these to you if you so ask. But I do agree that somewhere on a smaller scale, with castles, would suit you well.

Welcome to Europe

[email protected]