Where to go in Europe?

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 07:46 AM
Anita

Where to go in Europe?

Hi, I'm hoping to travel to Holland in the beginning of September. I'd like to stay there for one week (visit family) and then spend another week somewhere else. I've only been to Spain and would like to try somewhere different. I'll be travelling with my mother who is quite easy to please on vacation. I've narrowed my countries down to Greece, Italy, and France. Any suggestions or recommendations? I'm not sure which country has the best to offer us. I'd like to go somewhere with a beach but it isn't absolutely necessary. I'd really like to experience the destination we choose. Thanks for any input. :c)

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 07:56 AM
xxx

what sort of things do you like doing ? do you want culture? shopping? nightlife? do you want to stay in one place? or see a lot of the country you choose?
Island hopping around Greece is fun - great beaches / nightlife food and culture.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:12 AM
Anita

Hi. I'd like to see old buildings and museums. I love small towns with quaint shops. A beach would be wonderful but as I said it isn't absolutely necessary. I'd love to hike through the woods or walk through a vineyard. I'd like to stay in one hotel because my mom will be with me. She may not want to pack up every couple of days. Although island hopping in Greece sounds spectacular. I remember seeing a travel show on Nice, France and it looked amazing there. It looks like a place I'd enjoy. I feel like I'm trying to pack a bunch of things into one trip that may not be possible. I don't suppose one country offers it all? :c)

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:15 AM
tommy

I think you should get off your mom's computer.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:20 AM
Anita

Thanks for your input, it's very much appreciated.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:28 AM
Howard

I wouild suggest Provence in France, more specifically basing yourselves in Aix-en-Provence. It is a very nice medium sized city just a little north of the coast. The city itself is very interesting, and there are wonderful daytrips around...Les Baux, St. Remy, Avignon...and its not far to a beach....go to Marseilles (just a half hour or so away), then go anywhere along the coast. You can hike up Mt. Victoire (sp) the mountain that Cezanne painted so many times, or there are wonderful walks on back country roads.

Old Jul 9th, 2002, 08:49 AM
Anita

Thank you Howard. I'll do some research on those places you suggested. I like the idea of the day trips especially.