My husband and I are planning a trip where we are spending 7 days in the Coltswolds and probably 4 nights in St. Davids, Pembrokeshire, Wales. After Wales we fly home out of Birmingham Airport. Neither of us has been to Wales.
I've heard that roads in Wales are slow and that places that appear close on the map may actually take a long time to reach. With that in mind, is there anything interesting we can drive to within an hour of leaving St. David's? Or should we count on sticking around town?
Also, we would be driving from Teweksbury, near Cheltenham. Since we are literally crossing Wales , perhaps someone can recommend a scenic route or interesting places to stop at en-route. We would like something different looking from The Cotwolds and love landscapes, castles, manor-houses and, pretty villages, and gentle walking and neolithic ruins and are open to new experiences.
All ideas are appreciated. Thanks, everyone
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 शिकार CHARTER 1~800~681:7208 Password Reset CHARTER Tec*h care
- 2 Netherlands, Brussels and possibly Luxembourg
- 3 15 days honeymoon trip to Europe in February end and March
- 4 Cotswold - great food & ambience for lunch!
- 5 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 6 2 week May trip with kids
- 7 8 day flexi Swiss pass
- 8 hotel reservations in Switzerland in June?
- 9 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 10 Sleep at Heathrow
- 11 Rail vs. Plane
- 12 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 13 London: Stunning New American Embassy
- 14 Paris November 2017
- 15 Self Drive UK tour
- 16 Where to See Flamenco
- 17 First time in Spain - family of 2 adults & one child(10 yr old)
- 18 Greece -- Alternative to Athens
- 19 Two week Europe itenirary help
- 20 First Time To Europe Itinerary. Thoughts? Suggestions? Please
- 21 Airport Transfer
- 22 Help with Country House Hotel Christmas 2018
- 23 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 24 5 nights in Spain, need help!
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.