Reload this Page >

Where to go from Paris in March?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 02:57 AM
Cornelia

We have RT tickets EWR to CDG. Because this is not our first trip to Paris we will spend 3-4 days there and after that we are trying to decide where to go for 10-11 days. We like history so museums, ancint sites are fine but we also like outdoors activities like walking and hiking. Also seeing wildlife will be nice addition. <BR>We are thinking maybe Morocco or Corsica or Spain or........... Any suggestions?

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 05:48 AM
Cornelia

Anyone?

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 07:03 AM
ira

You seem to have some good ideas. <BR>You haven't told us where else you have been, which makes it hard to advise you.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:34 AM
Michael

We did what you want to do, going to Morocco. Going to Paris and then getting a charter (Nouvelles Fronti&egrave;res) from Paris was cheaper than flying directly to Morocco from the States. But Morocco is less outdoors than cities. We went to Marrakesh, and from there took the train to Mekn&egrave;s, then to F&egrave;s, and then the bus back to Marrakesh to fly back to Paris. We took side-trips from Mekn&egrave;s (Volubilis) and F&egrave;s (to market towns), the former with a guide, the latter using public transportation. But we did not do any hiking. I would think that in this season hiking in the Spanish Pyrenees (as an example) might be questionable because of the weather. Corsica might be a better bet for that.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 11:48 AM
Rex

Although I have not been to Corsica nor to Morocco - - if you think you want to go Spain, then scratch that itch! I wish I could tell you the one best way to go from Paris to Spain, but I am not sure that there is one best way. Via Brussels or London, perhaps. Or some people could tolerate the overnight train.<BR><BR>Best wishes,<BR><BR>Rex<BR>

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 01:04 PM
Kathleen

If you like outdoor activities, try Ireland. Ryanair flies to Shannon out of a small airport north of Paris (you have to take a bus there), or Aer Lingus flies to Dublin or Cork from CDG. There are some museums in Dublin, the scenery anywhere along the coast is spectacular. The weather could be hit or miss, but lots of things to do if you plan carefully.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 02:17 PM
tom

you could explore france--normandy has great food and much history--mont st michel is not too far away. the Loire valley is pretty neat if you have never seen it. many vineyards and castles. the riviera has charm for some.

Old Oct 10th, 2002, 04:41 PM
nancy

On a trip to Spain/Portugal/Morocco, hands down, Morocco was the best especially if you've seen a lot of Europe. So different (be sure to visit a Berber village). Also, what about Kenya? Fantastic wildlife and you would have time to see a lot. At least the flight from Paris wouldn't be as long (I went from California via London to Kenya - very long!) And, then there's Turkey - probably the most fascinating of all. E-mail me if you have any questions about the above.