Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

Where to go for a week? am considering going with the most votes.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 10:49 AM
layla

We are a couple who own an apartment in london so we are thinking of going there for 2 weeks and then taking off for a week somewhere in europe and coming back to london for another few days to do my ususal shopping. This will be the first time our 10 month old daughter travels. Our apartment has a house keeper that comes daily to clean so that will be a big help. We would like to fly to either prague, vienna, venice or the amalfi coast. Which would be more baby friendly? I know these cities are far from london but we willbe taking the plane so a week in any of these cities would be ok.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 10:53 AM
jill

Not the Amalfi Coast. It is dead in the winter. I was there this November. Very nice but not a good place to take a baby. I have 10 month old twins btw.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 11:42 AM
k

I'd vote for Prague. I loved Prague.<BR><BR>Karen

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 11:52 AM
Linda

My vote's for Prague too. Spent 7 days there in September and wish it had been longer.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 11:59 AM
xxx

layla,<BR> I know many people are voting for pragie but I think it will be too cold for your baby. I have yet to go to amalfi but i would vote for it. It is supposed to be dead but i think go for a week just to relax after the hassle of london. Also, it would be lovely to just watch the scenery. A week would give you the chance to go to capri and naples too.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 01:05 PM
zzzzzzzzz

I know it is not on your list but what about cannes?

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 01:10 PM
a--z

Bundle up the baby and go to Prague. Agree with Jill that Amalfi Coast is not the place to be in the winter with a 10-month old child.<BR>

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 01:38 PM
liam

Manchestah!

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 01:41 PM
Sheila

Edinburgh.<BR><BR>Or Stockholm. I've always fancied Stockholm

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 01:52 PM
Snoopy

I saw lots of people with strollers in Vienna . . .

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 02:27 PM
Nice Lady

I vote for Nice.

Old Dec 13th, 2002, 02:28 PM
xxxxx

Is the cleaning lady going with you?

Old Dec 14th, 2002, 11:28 AM
cara

I cannot beleive noone is helping layla with votes becuase usually foforites are very opinionated. Anyway,I will do my part...I love venice so I would go there. Still, I do not have any kids so I do not know if it is suitable for babies.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:43 AM
Linda

How about Barcelona!?<BR>I was there this summer and suprisingly, I liked it! I had been to Madrid and dislike it but Barcelona is totally different and tourist friendly. If you take a stroller for your baby, they have lots of ramps and accesibility for handicapped people, i noticed, so it would that would be helpful. Just checkout the temperature. Venice I think would be VERY difficult with a child.

Old Dec 23rd, 2002, 07:44 AM
Linda

How about Barcelona!?<BR>I was there this summer and suprisingly, I liked it! I had been to Madrid and dislike it but Barcelona is totally different and tourist friendly. If you take a stroller for your baby, they have lots of ramps and accesibility for handicapped people, i noticed, so it would that would be helpful. Just checkout the temperature. Venice I think would be VERY difficult with a child. <BR>I was also at the Amalfi coast this summer and its a summer spot not a winter one. Even the locals are out of there. There are beautiful sceneries but not 7 days worth in cold weather.