Myself and 3 friends are considering a small road trip for New Year from the UK into northern Europe. Departing on December 29th and returning January 3rd.
We are on a budget. Driving and using ferries seems much cheaper than getting the Eurostar. Ideally we would like one or 2 nights somewhere quite rural and interesting with a bit of a party night for New Year's eve. Although we would like to avoid very touristy places.
Does anyone have any suggestions or advice? Would be much appreciated!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for first trip to UK
- 2 land vs river cruise
- 3 Help With Itinerary By Train: London, Paris, Nice, Florence
- 4 paris to london- day trip
- 5 Paris, Normandy & Amsterdam with College Graduate
- 6 London flat feedback wanted - yes, I'm going slightly crazy!
- 7 Help/Critique Slovenia Trip
- 8 10 days in europe
- 9 Adventureseeker returns to Italy! As glorious and detailed as before!
- 10 Sampling Some of Sicily and Bits of Italy Beyond
- 11 Buying a motorcycle in Europe??
- 12 Pubs showing NFL football in London?
- 13 GTG Paris December 2017
- 14 Where to stay in Naples?
- 15 How many miles is a good 'walking tour'?
- 16 Rome, Tuscany & Umbria
- 17 European honeymoon help needed
- 18 northern Italy this fall, dolomites and piedmont
- 19 Portugal
- 20 Lisbon neighborhoods
- 21 Leaving Paris. Just a little sad.
- 22 Planning to visit Italy in first 2 weeks of Jan
- 23 FCO hotel for late arrival?
- 24 Restaurant suggestion Bamberg
- 25 Browsing Barcelona