Where to get massage in Venice?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27th, 2006, 11:49 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am flying on an 11 hour flight (with connections) to Venice and due to back problems, I would love to get a massage. I'm staying at Locanda Oseolo (thanks to the many recommendations on this board), and they said that Hotel Cipriani has a spa but very expensive. Any recommendations out there?
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Original Poster

ttttt
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 03:57 PM

I recall seeing an English advert for massage therapy in one of vaporettos. Cannot recall names though, and haven't used them so can't tell if they're any good. Maybe you can see they're listed in English directory?
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 04:00 PM
SRS

I can't help you b/c I haven't been to a spa. But they are super nice at the Locanda and so if you don't run into much luck, you might want to ask them if they know any other spa places - you could even give them a price range in case they are not wanting to recommend something that is over top or something. Alternatively I suppose you could look up all the top hotels - they are often places where spas could exist.

Good luck!
Sally
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 04:00 PM
SRS

Amendment. I have been to many spas, but not in Venice.
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 04:14 PM

I have absolutely no help for you but the title made me think of some tall hunky Italian man rubbing my shoulders. Thank you for the best thought of my day! (remind me not to show fiance this thread).
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 05:00 PM

I always look for a massage after a long flight, too. I find it helps with the jetlag. You best bet is to probably contact the hotel and ask for another recommendation. This has worked for me in Florence and I just sent an inquiry to my Rome hotel for an upcoming trip. You also might post this question to the Italy board at www.slowtrav.com
Old Jul 27th, 2006, 07:16 PM

In addition to the Cipriani, there is a brand new comprehensive spa at the San Clemente Palace-the other luxury hotel in Venice, on its own little island looking onto San Marco-they have their own boat shuttle to the island that docks in San Maroc, so it might be worth it to go on their website and check it out, as most of these hotels with spas allow non-guests to use the services for a fee:

www.thi.it/eng/benessere.asp?pag=9&id=7

Also, the Locanda Art Deco, on Calle delle Botteghe in San Marco, a hop and skip from LO, features the services of a licensed massage therapist-Ilaria Fritz-on certain days or by appointment-all you'd have to do is go over to the Locanda when she is there, or get the number from the hotel and make an appt. with her directly-since she works independently, she may come to LO to see you. It says she has her own website, but I was unable to access it:

www.locandaartdeco.com/venicehotel/services.htm

Also, this very nice 4 star hotel in San Marco has spa/massage services:

www.palacebonvecchiati.it

I think your best bet is to get in touch with Ilaria Fritz -or better yet, notify LO, and they'll certainly do it for you.
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 06:07 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information - I'll try all of those.
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 09:49 AM
Original Poster

I booked a 50 min aromatherapy massage at the San Clemente for 80 Euro, I think for Venice not too bad considering that I pay 40CAD for 30 min basic massage here at home.

I tried the other places but some were unavailable for Sundays.

Thanks everyone for the info and happy travels!
Old Jul 28th, 2006, 10:41 AM

I'm glad to hear the San Clemente worked out for you Timsmom-I'm sure you're going to love the experience -it's a luxe hotel in every way.