I've been very busy packing and reading up, less than 2 weeks to go!!!!! and yes, I know I've left this to the last minute...
I've checked out a few sites recommended on other threads (like 'Slowtrav') which have been very helpful. It sounds like my older GSM phone (Nokia 6120) will be the thing to use for this trip. We also have an iphone4 that I'm hoping to get a SIM for and I think it's unlocked but not sure about that ones frequencies yet. (We have used our own carrier before but the roaming charges now are astronomical!)
Just looking for some suggested shops (preferably near St Michel) where I might be able to purchase the said SIM. I'm hoping to get a SIM that will be suitable for France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria and Italy.
I know I'm pushing it but if the shop has staff who speak English, that would no doublt be a BIG bonus! Merci beaucoup, Veilen dank, Grazie mille....JT
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 AOL 1800~681:7208 Password Reset Contact AOL Tec*h Sup0rt
- 2 Planning a Trip from DC to Anywhere in Europe (Budget Friendly)
- 3 August - Croatia, Italy, Malta
- 4 Manchester hotels
- 5 Moscow Hotels
- 6 Recommendations Budget hotel Paris
- 7 Visit to France
- 8 Traveling by car Munich to Soelden Austria
- 9 Christmas in Granada....food!
- 10 Four Nights in Nice--What should we do?
- 11 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 12 Help me pick a destination --- Please!
- 13 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 14 St, Goar or Bacharach
- 15 Looking for Paris Rental Apt.
- 16 Spain.... 2.5 Weeks... Need Help!
- 17 Connecting trains in Chambery
- 18 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 19 Help needed for Bergamo to Venice journey
- 20 First time in Spain
- 21 Packing Champagne
- 22 Winter ... UK Finland Sweden. (Live...ish)
- 23 Luggage lockers in Amsterdam
- 24 Barcelona to Malaga
- 25 Sorrento to Montepulciano- where to rent car?