Where to find good Tuscan food in LA?

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 08:45 PM
Carin

Where to find good Tuscan food in LA?

It's been nine months since our first and only trip to Italy and no future trip in sight (according to those nasty MasterCard people), and even after all this time, we're having withdrawals from the fabulous food we ate in Tuscany. I'm guessing most of you will laugh, but is there ANYTHING comparable anywhere in the Los Angeles or Orange COunty? Oh, for just a few ricchiarelli cookies, a glass of prosecco, beans in olive oil, pecorino with honey..............
Grazie.
Carin

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 09:35 PM
Dayle

Carin, one of my favorite restaurants is Il Fornaio. They have several in the west coast from Seattle to Irvine. In addition to the regular items, they do a special regional menu each month such as Liguria, Umbria, etc. They also bring in special wines from each region. Ask to join their passaporto program. Every six months you get a passport card & when you dine, you get either an appetizer or something else from the regional menu free. They also have a wonderful in house Italian bakery which is why it's called Il Fornaio.

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 09:38 PM
Dayle

Almost forgot the best part!! If you get your passport stamped every month out of the six, you are entered in a drawing for a trip to Italy for 2.

This sounds kind of cheesy, but they do have some of the best & most authentic Italian food I've found. All their chiefs are direct from Italia!

Old Jan 21st, 2002, 09:39 PM
Dayle

PPS: It's late & I can't spell either...

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 04:40 PM
Carin

Thanks, Dayle! I'll try Il Fornaio in Pasadena!

Old Jan 22nd, 2002, 10:01 PM
Dayle

Great Carin! Hope you enjoy it! buon appetito!

Old Jan 23rd, 2002, 06:41 AM
Dale

You might try a website called Chowhound.com. They have an LA section.