Where to eat in Amsterdam

Jul 30th, 2001, 02:06 AM
KC

Where to eat in Amsterdam

Where would recommend for a nice dinner at Amsterdam preferable a nice stroll after that? I'm talking about an average priced restaurant with a good meal. No Asian food please. Have that plenty at home.

Jul 30th, 2001, 03:02 AM
s.fowler

We enjoyed our dinner at Van Pufferlen -- I wrote a long review in rants&raves for Amsterdam. It's on Prinsengracht, so you are right in the centrum for that nice stroll

Jul 30th, 2001, 03:03 AM
s.fowler

Ooops. Van Puffelen -- must ahve been thinking of the little train that could

Jul 30th, 2001, 03:44 AM
Ursula

Oh Sally, you gave me my first laugh today -- and it's already 2 p.m. over here. The German word "Puff" means brothel! Have to check that place out, if once I should make it to Amsterdam! ;-)

KC: You might find some useful info about Amsterdam at www.timeout.com

Jul 30th, 2001, 03:45 AM
Michelle

The Five Flies. It does excellent food in charming surroundings - (several 17th century houses joined together, lots of little rooms with floors like a roller coaster). I haven't had a bad meal in 20 years of going there. Lots of business people seem to use it these days and yes, I'd say price is above average. It's next to a canal so you can stroll back to city-centre afterwards. It has a webpage if you want to check it out.

Jul 30th, 2001, 04:02 AM
s.fowler

Glad to be of assistance Ursula -- no idea what it means. I find Dutch almost as impenetrable as Hungarian! -- it is a jenever tasting house with a nice bistro-type restaurant attached. The food was very nice -- prices reasnable. It was frequented by A'dams youngest and chicest [talk about BLACK!] in the bar particularly.