Where to buy leather jackets in Paris?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11th, 2012, 07:28 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be heading back to Paris for a couple of weeks in January for the winter sales (YAAAY!!) and was hoping to pick up a leather jacket if the prices are good.

Does anyone have any recommendations for brands over there because I honestly have no idea which are good or which brand even sells leather jackets? Sadly not in the 1000 euro price range as much as I'd like a Balenciaga moto but maximum 500 euros.

Also, since I'm already asking, does anyone know if the big department stores like Galeries Lafayette or Printemps sell (and will have sales on) Christian Louboutin?

Thank you!!
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 11:02 AM

Stand around looking clueless on the Champs Elysee and someone who needs money to get back to Italy will offer you the samples he brought on a sales visit for a song.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 11:40 AM

I don't think Paris is exactly the place to go shopping for some bargain in leather jackets, I don't quite understand that. Maybe Spain I could see, and Italy has nice stuff but maybe no bargains. France isn't known for cheap leather goods as far as I know.

All the major dept stores will have them, I know I've seen them. There probably will be some in the discounts stores along rue d'Alesia somewhere, but the semi-annual sales are more applicable to regular stores, so that won't affect them as far as I know (I don't remember them having sales as their regular stuff is already "on sale"). I know there is a leather shop over near Les Halles and other places I've seen on the RB, but they aren't bargains, as well as along bd St Michel, probably. eg www.prestigecuir.fr is at Les Halles. This one is near the Opera http://www.la-canadienne.com/magasin...de_magasin=012

I don't think Paris would be where I'd go to buy an expensive leather jacket, you could do better elsewhere.

YOu know Christian Louboutin has his own boutiques in Paris, I think that is the mother ship. I rather doubt he has sales, but am not in that loop. I don't think they are sold any where else in Paris, I know they are not in Printemps.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 12:58 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Christian Louboutin is famous for his shoes.
He has made a few studded leather jackets, one of a kind for a rap star. His jackets sell for in the high 4 figures.
Most of the boutiques will have one or two jackets. You can also check out vintage shops.you could try H&M and Zara's
They have a different selection than what I've seen here.
I'd love to won a Rick Owens jacket but the prices are so ridiculously high.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 01:54 PM
Original Poster

Yes, I was hoping to pick up some shoes during the trip and so wanted to double check if I could do all my shopping in the same place at one of the department stores rather than running around to different boutiques. It sounds like they don't sell Louboutins outside of their own boutiques though unfortunately but thank you for that info

I'll give the shops mentioned here a try for the leather jacket - thanks for the recommendations! Yeah, prices in Paris are usually high but I was hoping to catch a deal during their bi-annual sales for the jacket so fingers crossed.
Old Oct 11th, 2012, 03:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Located on a street that’s considered prime territory for hunting down kitten heels, stilettos, and wedges, Louboutin’s leopard-print pumps are prey truly worth stalking. Not only are the red-soled heels beautifully crafted and flattering, somehow the designer’s creations manage to be comfortable, too. With shoes lovingly presented on illuminated shelves, Louboutin’s Left Bank boutique looks more like an art installation than a shop.

Insider Tip: If you are visiting Paris during the sale seasons (mid-January or early summer), it is well worth lining up outside the shop first thing in the morning for the designer bargains.

Articles
Shoe Shopping in Paris
Old Nov 8th, 2015, 01:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
That must be a really terrible brand if you had to buy it every year! Leather is supposed to last for at least a decade.
Old Nov 8th, 2015, 01:51 PM

Cannot help with your jacket but was in Paris a couple of years ago during the July sales. A friend got Louboutin's half price at the store on rue Faubourg St Honore. Most stores had many items 50% off.
Old Nov 8th, 2015, 02:11 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Judy: This is a OLD thread that was topped by a spammer . . .
Old Nov 8th, 2015, 02:58 PM

<With shoes lovingly presented on illuminated shelves, Louboutin’s Left Bank boutique looks more like an art installation than a shop.>

Last time I passed the shop there was a line of young Asian tourists patiently waiting to be allowed to go in and buy. The idea that I would have to wait outside for an opportunity to buy something so expensive would be enough to put me off!

If you do drop some serious euro make sure to use a credit card with no foreign exchange fee, get the tax back and do not opt to pay in dollars (or any other foreign currency) when they offer this option.
Old Nov 8th, 2015, 03:08 PM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
welltraveledbrit: <With shoes lovingly presented on illuminated shelves, Louboutin’s Left Bank boutique looks more like an art installation than a shop.>

cigalechanta posted that three years ago . . .