We will be arriving in Prague and will fly out of Vienna in May 2013. Can someone recommend a convenient base town in Salzkammergut from where we can do easy day trips using public transportation to the mountain cable car i..e Dachstein Five Fingers, Schafbergbahn and Zwolferhorn cable car?
Would St. Wolfgang be a convenient base to do the trips? In Prague, Dresden and Vienna we would be covering the palaces etc and kids would enjoy nature more than history. Hence, looking at the Salzkammergut as a base for a few days before we head to Vienna.
Last year had been to Zell Am See and had absolutely loved it. We do not want to base ourselves in a vey small village. Any suggestions are welcome. Can we do easy day trips to Salzburg? Can we also do the Krimml waterfalls and the Liechestein Gorge or should we keep that aside for our future trips. Any inputs for base town and pensions/hotels are welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 피쉬게임 c p s 33 . c o m
- 2 피쉬바둑이 c p s 33 . c o m
- 3 해외토토 c p s 33 . c o m
- 4 사다리분석 c p s 33 . c o m
- 5 Lisbon stay - Olissippo Lapa Palace vs NH Collection Lisboa Liberdade
- 6 Best area to stay in Amsterdam for a first time visitor
- 7 Lorie Valley and Beyond
- 8 Paris Apartment
- 9 Chinese new year festivities in Paris
- 10 Milan airport--which one
- 11 Which Area in London?
- 12 London 'Tube-less', Fine dining, Fun excursions plus a GTG
- 13 Help me get excited about a week in Portugal
- 14 Visit to France
- 15 Headed to Madrid in the Spring
- 16 Mid-May stay in Lauterbrunnen or Murren
- 17 Where to Visit in Normandy & Brittany
- 18 family trip to Germany and more
- 19 Overnight stop from Berlin to Paris
- 20 Trains - website?
- 21 Ham tacos and the toilet isn't sucking mud
- 22 Barcelona to Malaga
- 23 UK Mid- May drive week Cornwall
- 24 Italy 9 Days in December/Itinerary Help
- 25 Overwhelmed with planning! Need help from Italy experts.