Where should we go in December??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2010, 03:56 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I want to take our two daughters (18 and 16) on a trip in December. I don't know yet if we will be able to go the week of 12/20 or if we will go on Christmas eve yet. We o nly have 6 nights. I would love to go to Spain but don't know what the weather is like-I was thinking of Barcelona and maybe Sevilla, Marbella or somewhere in the Costa del Sol. Is it warm enough to really enjoy Spain? We could also go to Mexico, Arizona, London or somewhere else. We are coming from Boston so don't want to go anywhere that would take too long to get to so that it's not worth it. The other consideration is airfare for 4. We want to stay in nice places 4-5 stars. Is there any way around getting two rooms? What do you recommend for December? We really could go anywhere.
Thanks so much!!
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 04:19 PM

Don't know what you mean by enjoy the weather. there is nowhere in europe that has beach weather in Sept. Southern Spain would be lot warmer than Boston - but the highs might be in the 50s. fine for golf, tennis or touring - but no beach.

If you want a beach vacation at Christmas you need to go to Hawaii, the Carib or SE Asia.

Barcelona would be cooler than Andalusia - but not full winter.

London naturally has winter - but milder than Boston. Rain is much more likely than snow - but wet and chilly are quite probable.
Old Sep 27th, 2010, 06:49 PM

" If you want a beach vacation at Christmas you need to go to Hawaii, the Carib or SE Asia."

agree. or South America.
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 04:48 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone. If we have 6 nights and want to go to Spain in December where would you go? Barcelona, Madrid, Sevilla, Grenada, Malaga....... Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old Oct 7th, 2010, 05:46 AM

Expect Barcelona to be 54 and drizzly end of December, Granada same temp, but dry; Malaga about 60, but a little more rain. As for Sevilla, it will most likely be dry & 60. Madrid will be hovering around 50 and likely overcast and drizzly. What does your family like to do on vacation? If you like cultural things, Spain would still be an ok choice. If you want somewhere to relax, Carib/Mex/South or Central America. Costa Rica?