where provence/south france 5-6 days

Apr 24th, 2005, 05:17 PM
Original Poster

where provence/south france 5-6 days

Please help...
I have been looking at books to figure out the places that I don't want to miss but can't seen to make out how one town is that much different than the other. I was also thinking whether it is possible to sample the east and west sides of the south of France. I was thinking of flying into Nice and then out of Marseille to Paris or roundtrip out of Marseille. What would be doable and don't miss places and towns to visit while there in end of MAY. We will be renting a car. We like to countryside, scenery, cute towns, flowers, the sea and beach, roman ruins, food and wine. Can anyone recommend or advise on places to see. Also, some books like Frommers give 3 day driving tours in western and then 3 days driving trips in eastern Provence. So it seems like it's possible to see a lot but I would like the opinion of what others think.
Apr 24th, 2005, 05:42 PM

South of France as Languedoc/Roussillon are very different from The Cote D'Azur as is different from the areas in Provence as the Alpilles, Luberon and etc. You must decide after reading up on the terrain and where the many Roman ruins are. There's to much to list.
Apr 24th, 2005, 06:34 PM

How much time will you have?

Flying into Nice and then out of Marseille to Paris works very nicely, although from Marseille you could also take the TGV and be in downtown Paris in the time it would take you to fly to Orly or de Gaulle and then get into the city.

The first thing to do is get the Michelin Green Guide to Provence and then the complementary one for the Côte d'Azur. The guide gives suggested itineraries, with suggestions for places to stay and areas to visit.
May 1st, 2005, 05:08 PM
Original Poster

I bought the Michelin Green guide but it did not come with complementary books or maps. How do I get these?
May 1st, 2005, 05:16 PM

Please see your other thread for responses about the maps. Just click on your name at the top of the page.
May 2nd, 2005, 04:54 AM
ira

t