Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   WHERE IS EVERYONE AT NOW? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/where-is-everyone-at-now-97148/)

Lonesome Dec 21st, 2000 06:24 AM

WHERE IS EVERYONE AT NOW?

Wow, there is NO activity on this board...where is everyone? I guess the holiday season makes everyone forget about travel and think of food, drink, and parties. <BR> <BR>Happy holidays to all and to all a good trip on your next time out, where ever that may be.

Liz Dec 21st, 2000 06:29 AM

I'm in Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK. NO WAY have I forgotton about travel - I've just got a job offer working as a holiday rep in Greece for 2001!

toom Dec 21st, 2000 07:16 AM

Nearly midnight in Bangkok, Thailand, it is still too warm to sleep. A quite quiet X-mas activity, everyone is looking forward to having a 5-day national holiday from 28th Dec to 2nd Jan. <BR>Waiting for a real winter.

Ang Dec 21st, 2000 07:38 AM

I'm here! I'm leaving for Florida in two days...but I'm here now. I can't wait...I NEED to lay on the beach...it's snowing like crazy here in Michigan and its driving me crazy!!!

Lee Dec 21st, 2000 07:56 AM

Lonesome, <BR> <BR>I'm here in Erie, PA, at work and having lunch. <BR> <BR>It's maybe 20 degrees (that's "F") outside and light snow. We have had snow every day this week and on Friday, it's supposed to be 10 degrees with even more snow. A "White Christmas" will not be a problem. <BR> <BR>Happy holidays to you and my next trip is Tacoma, WA for business on January 2nd.

janice Dec 21st, 2000 07:58 AM

Sitting in my office, waiting for things to close up at 1:00 p.m. - we don't re-open until January 3rd! I leave for Paris tomorrow morning, and then am taking the train to Venice December 27th and will be there through New Years. No way I have forgotten travel - I can't think of anything else!!!!

SharonM Dec 21st, 2000 08:05 AM

Ang, <BR>You MUST be going crazy! lol <BR>I'm on the Florida coastline and it was 17 degrees (F) here night before last! You won't see My Michigan-bred body sunning on the beach!!! Burrr! <BR> <BR>Who knows, though. Today it's around 60F...two days from now, who knows? Maybe it'll warm up another 20 degrees. It's happened before! <BR> <BR>Either way, have a safe and happy holiday - TO ALL! <BR> <BR>(and yea, lonesome...pretty lonesome in here lately, huh.)

Lauren Dec 21st, 2000 08:39 AM

Sitting here at the office in Aiken, South Carolina reading an email from the Fodor's Paris Party planner, Barbara. <BR> <BR>It's unusually cold here in the south. We've had two light snows already! Although nothing stuck to the ground for more than a day, it was still a welcomed sight. More cold temperatures and freezing rain expected this weekend. <BR> <BR>Although quite busy here at work, (I work for a plumbing/electrical contractor so the freezing weather is having us unusually busy this week!) I am glancing over my travel iteniary. I leave for Europe in exactly one week!! :) I am so excited! <BR> <BR>Hope everything is well for all of you. Happy holidays to everyone from me! *hugs* <BR> <BR>--Lauren

stacey Dec 21st, 2000 09:17 AM

Lonesome - I'm sitting in Massachusetts recovering from a 10 day trip to Germany - mostly business but plenty of time for fun. If I make it through the holidays, I can start planning my next trip to Germany, Italy in April and Ireland in May! <BR> <BR>Happy holidays everyone.

nancy Dec 21st, 2000 11:55 AM

I am happier than a pig in "you know what", on the best vacation I have had in years! <BR>My sister and her husband went away on business. <BR>I am staying in their house, 15 mins. away from my home (in VT) <BR>My children, and my husband are at home. <BR>I am all alone for the next 40 hours! <BR>For the first time in 15 years! <BR>YIPPEE <BR>(of course, I am missing them all dearly) :) <BR>nancy

RosemaryM Dec 21st, 2000 02:01 PM

Dear Lonesome, <BR>I am sitting at home in the Blue Mountains west of Sydney Australia, preparatory to heading for the Volunteer Bushfire Station for standby. It is heading to 40 degrees Centigrade today after a week in the high 30s. Most of the state is under a total fire ban and the bushfire brigade is on standby. I am the station officer so I must go. Luckily I have finished Christmas shopping and most of the cooking. I would love some snow! Happy Christmas to all.

Maira Dec 21st, 2000 02:06 PM

Relaxing at home in New York, roasted chicken in the oven, rice on the stove, awaiting the 4-6 inches of snow forecasted for tonight.... (not looking forward to tomorrow's morning conmute to work).

Tony Hughes Dec 21st, 2000 02:14 PM

Maira, I smell burning......

Bob Dec 21st, 2000 03:09 PM

Currently in Redwood City, California in the beautiful San Francisco Bay Area. Heading to the Monterey Peninsula for Christmas near the Pacific Ocean.It was close to 70 down there on Wednesday. I have lived in snow and 70 is great this time of year. Already planning more trips for 2001.

Maira Dec 21st, 2000 03:09 PM

Tony--- LOL!! <BR> <BR>Actually we just had dinner and John is not complaining.....(what good would it do anyways?)

Steve Dec 21st, 2000 03:12 PM

Sitting in my office in Boulder, Colorado. I haven't forgotten about travel. I will head home now and prepare for six day trip to NYC next week and work on my plans for Hawaii in April and Italy in September. Just need to figure out how to pay for it.

Sheila Dec 21st, 2000 03:37 PM

It's midnight 37 here in damp Aberdeenshire Scotland. In the run up to the so called Festive Season, I have ended up working so many hours it would be illegal if I was an employee. This morning I got to work at 6.50 and i left tonight at 10.50. The idea is that I don't have to work over the break.. but somehow.<BR><BR>I'm going to go to bed defore I burst into tears. Hope the rest of you are better rested than I; and that Santa's good to you all.

Liz Dec 21st, 2000 03:53 PM

Merry Christmas to all! I'm sitting in my home on the North Shore of Vancouver and looking out my window at the mountains quickly covering up with snow. In a few days we will be off to Whistler to relax and enjoy it!

Elizabeth Dec 21st, 2000 04:01 PM

Just a balmy -15 Celsius here in North Bay, Ontario. Located about 325 Km north of Toronto (thats 230 miles). Lots of snow and its a beautiful evening out there......just came off the lake from cross-country skiing and ready to have a big bowl of chili and home made bread. My cheeks are still tingling from that refreshing jaunt. No better place to spend Christmas........and a Happy one to all of you.

tcc Dec 21st, 2000 04:07 PM

Hey Sheila <BR> <BR>Tell Madonna and Guy we all say hi. Bah humbug. <BR> <BR>