Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Where is Degas? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/where-is-degas-509011/)

elaine Mar 3rd, 2005 01:51 PM

Where is Degas?

It occurs to me that we haven't heard from him in a long while, just wondering if anyone is in touch to know that he is all right.
His postings were always very useful and entertaining.

SharonNRayMc Mar 3rd, 2005 02:16 PM

topping... I have wondered that myself. Anyone?

elaine Mar 3rd, 2005 04:04 PM

I heard from someone who heard from someone who passes along this quote from Degas to Fodorites (Degas is fine):

"Just tell them the FEDs were breathing down my neck over the moonshine sales and I had to high tail it out of town for awhile."

annesherrod Mar 3rd, 2005 04:17 PM

Degas,
WHERE ARE YOU? Yeah, i am yelling!

jody Mar 3rd, 2005 04:21 PM

Me too! Where in the world is Degas Fodoragas?

LoveItaly Mar 3rd, 2005 06:30 PM

This is a real strange post because just yesterday I was thinking of Degas and wondering "where is Degas", honest!

Elaine, your thread title made me jump.

I so enjoyed Degas's threads and comments. He has such a great sense of humor.

How odd that we are all thinking of him at the same time.

So Degas - come back to Fodors - we miss you!

annesherrod Mar 3rd, 2005 07:36 PM

You know..... there are a few posters I have not seen in awhile. Degas being one.
has Bobthenavigator been on lately? I cannot at the moment come up wiith the other names, but they are ones who have been on this forum for 3-4+ years...

Can anyone else think of missing posters?

LoveItaly Mar 3rd, 2005 07:54 PM

Maybe some of the old timers have stopped posting on Fodor thanks to the abundance of the trolls?

Underhill Mar 3rd, 2005 07:58 PM

i saw something from bobthenavigator just today.

WillTravel Mar 3rd, 2005 08:26 PM

Degas posted on SlowTalk a while back about a prospective trip to Umbria. I haven't seen him post there lately either.

Giovanna Mar 3rd, 2005 08:47 PM

Capo hasn't been around for a very long time. Always enjoyed his posts and his sense of humor too.

Calamari Mar 9th, 2005 10:10 AM

Degas was recently seen jumping out of the bedroom window of a Dolly Parton look a like, out running the bullets of her jealous husband.

Degas hope you are feeling well enough to post soon!

Grasshopper Mar 9th, 2005 10:11 AM

Degas was pondering a move to London. I'm wondering if he made the move (and maybe now he's shacking up with that other famous Londoner).

cigalechanta Mar 9th, 2005 10:17 AM

Where's Capo, Elvira, Myra, (glad to see crazymina back) madamecroque and so many others. I hope they are here maybe under other names.

Madison Mar 9th, 2005 10:37 AM

Where is M_Kingdom?

SharonG Mar 9th, 2005 10:56 AM

Elvira is the one I really miss. Her posts were not only informative but a hoot.

crefloors Mar 9th, 2005 12:49 PM

I had been wondering about M_Kingdom also and then he (I just KNOW it's he) popped up on a post a few days ago, but he has been keeping a low profile. I was thinking perhaps he saw someone "banding" in Mayfair and had a nervous breakdown and was off "taking the waters" somewhere to get over it. I know some of you find his posts offensive, but I like MOST of them. M_K2, hope all is well with you.

Patrick Mar 9th, 2005 12:52 PM

I thought Degas had been posting fairly regularly, using the name muffin. Am I wrong? How are the robes, Degas?

annesherrod Mar 9th, 2005 03:37 PM

Elvira has been missing for some time, miss her posts.
Where is Capo too?

jody Mar 9th, 2005 04:26 PM

Fodor's great minds must think alike! I was also just wondering where in the world Degas got to!!

Bobthe nav has been posting regularly..elvira has been long gone..to great loss to us../m_kingdom has been posting the last few days after a wonderful trip.

Could Degas really have turned into a "muffin"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'll have to check muffin out!