Where has "living in Glasgow" gone

Aug 31st, 2000, 12:58 PM
Sheila

Where has "living in Glasgow" gone

I am trying to "top" the thread which was running last week and the week before started by a student coming to Glasgow for a year. Nothing I search for is bringing it up. Does anyone know how to find it?

Aug 31st, 2000, 01:00 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Sheila, the search function seems to be working poorly. Not sure what to do.

Aug 31st, 2000, 02:56 PM
Emily

Well, the message was from me, so if you have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them. (I myself was wondering where the message went....) I honestly can't be very specific about what I'm looking for, just general differences in dress, social life, etc. Thanks in advance

Aug 31st, 2000, 03:04 PM
Sheila

It got lots of replies Emily, and nearly started a race riot. I'll try again

Aug 31st, 2000, 03:24 PM
Paulo

The search function has a bug and doesn't produce ANY thread started after the beginning of July ... It works on OLD threads but not on the message title. There's only a way to get it ... by using the "get next 50 messages" funtion till you get it ... lot's of work
Paulo

Sep 6th, 2000, 02:16 PM
Elaine

Emily,
I was in Glasgow for just 2 days last month but I really loved it. It was not the best looking place I've ever been to (reminded me of Detroit) but the people were absolutely the BEST. The nicest, friendliest, most helpful I've ever met.Their accent was a little difficult to understand at first but everyone I met was charming and patient with me until I understood. We enjoyed the Transportation and Art Museums. Hope you have a great year there.

Sep 6th, 2000, 04:39 PM
Greg

Elaine: Did you go to Edinburgh? How were the people there?

Sep 8th, 2000, 07:54 PM
Elaine

Greg,
Yes, we were in Edinburgh also for daysand loved it there also. The people were great there, too. Overall, the Scots were open, friendly people. the Glaswegians were just a bit friendlier.