Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > Europe
Reload this Page >

where can you find half price tickets to shows in london and paris?

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:21 PM
show

hey you guys i am leaving to london tomorrow and then going to paris. i was just thinking about maybe going to see the lion king or some show in london and then maybe something else in paris. i had come across a website or i read in a book somewhere that there is a place (for sure in london) that sells 1/2 price tickets. if any of you know what and where it is please let me know. i would appreciate it. thanks.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:26 PM
Sue

Never used it, but understand there is a 1/2 price ticket booth at Leicester Square, London.

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 06:27 PM
janis

In London get half price tickets ate the TKTS kiosk at leicester Square. there is no list to study in advance becasue the shows change every day. But there will always be many to choose from.

But to give you and idea here is what was available last Friday:

MATINEE
Chicago
Fame (25% off)
Full Monty (25% off)

EVENING
125th Street
Abba Mania
ART
Benefactors
Blood Brothers
Complete Works of William Shakespeare (Abridged)
Constant Wife
Coast of Utopia
Damsels in Distress
Fame : The Musical
Full Monty
Les Miserables (25% off)
Lieutenant of Inishmore
Life x 3
Grease
My Fair Lady
On An Average Day
Sleuth
Stomp
Stones In His Pockets
Taboo
Umoja
Vagina Monologues
Vincent in Brixton
Woman In Black
Woman Who Cooked Her Husband

Old Oct 3rd, 2002, 08:01 PM
angela

Also if you are a student or have an old student id many of the theaters in London offer fabulous last minute (day of show) student discounts which generaly offer the best unsold seats for a pittance. While you can call each theater and ask about availability the tickets must be purchased from the box office. It really is a fabulous bargain and far better than any similar discounts I have found in the US. Some places offer similar discounts to seniors.

Old Oct 4th, 2002, 11:12 AM
Christina

There are a couple places that sell 1/2 price theatre tickets in Paris, but I don't think that will be of a lot of interest to most people as you'd have to understand French pretty well to get much out of it. What kind of shows are you looking for in Paris? I've never seen a place that sells 1/2 price tickets to tourist cabaret shows, for example, only regular theatre. Occasionally there are some plays running with English speakers in Paris, though. The main one I know and have used in Paris is on the plaza in front of the Montparnasse train station, you can't miss it (towards the rear, kind of). I think there is a branch of it on place de la Madeleine, also. It doesn't have half-price to things like the opera or ballet.