Reload this Page >

Where can I get a money belt?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 06:06 AM
Ariana

This may sound stupid, I am planning a trip to Italy and everyone says to wear a money belt. I know what they are but I don't know where I can buy one. Please help. Thanks

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 06:20 AM
xxx

Ariana<BR><BR>Try the travel section of your local Walgreens, RiteAid or similar store. I got mine at Drug Barn. Also the luggage section of any department store will have them. If you are female, look into the kind that hangs around your neck--more comfortable, in my opinion.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 06:24 AM
Goeff

They're usually in the luggage dept of dept stores.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 07:36 AM
chris

I have found the store bought ones to be too cumbersome.Make a simple cloth pouch,use your passport as a guide for size and attach ribbon or cord to it.Then you have the option to wear it around your waist or neck.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 02:44 PM
Christina

They also sell them in AAA Travel Stores.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 03:24 PM
Donna

Also:<BR><BR>www.magellans.com<BR>www.travelsmith. com<BR>www.travel2000.com

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 04:53 PM
wendy

Target.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 05:28 PM
Erma

I made a belt when we went to a third world country. I used a piece of elastic for the belt and made two pouches in front. They fit inside my clothing like two front pockets. I put velcro buttons on the top and carried my passport and money there. It worked great and was not noticeable. When wearing elastic waist pants, it was quite easy to retrieve what I needed unobtusively. It was very comfortable unlike many I heard describing the neck pouches.

Old Apr 8th, 2001, 07:00 PM
Anna

I got my first at Target, but have since upgraded to an Eagle Creek money belt that I got at REI. You could check online at REI.com. The more "deluxe" Eagle Creek Belt has nicer zippers and some mesh in the pockets to help separate credit cards and currencies.