Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Where are you posting from and... (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/where-are-you-posting-from-and-194460/)

Sarah Oct 5th, 2001 09:38 AM

Where are you posting from and...

what does the day look like? Are you eating dinner, lunch , breakfast and what are you eating?

Sarah Oct 5th, 2001 09:41 AM

I am in NYC midtown and it is about 1:30PM . I just finished Japanese Udon noodle soup and it is a beautiful bright day outside.

canuck Oct 5th, 2001 09:43 AM

At work in Ontario Canada..dreary, wet day out and it's the start of our long Thanksgiving weekend...

Gregory Oct 5th, 2001 09:45 AM

Hi Sarah, <BR> <BR>I am posting from Falkirk, Scotland. It is 6:30pm , I have just finidhed dinner having been working in Edinburgh and it looks like it is going to rain very heavily in the next hour.

D.J. Oct 5th, 2001 09:48 AM

Hi I'm here in Flint Mi I just ate a hot dog while posting last thread.Lunch time, and its cold rainy outside.

Sarah Oct 5th, 2001 09:52 AM

Hi Gregory this is great what is a finid head dinner? Too bad about that rain but I bet it keeps your winter mild yes? Cannuck I know this is corny but is your Thanksgiving dinner the same as U.S and is the holiday a big family holiday?

Old Fashioned Oct 5th, 2001 09:52 AM

Hello Sarah, <BR> <BR>I'm here in Round Rock Texas, suburb of Austin. Just finished gnawing on tuna fish sandwich and pretzels, working on keeping the cholesterol down. <BR> <BR>OF

nancy Oct 5th, 2001 09:53 AM

Sarah, <BR>Great thread. <BR>there was one here last winter, <BR>"What do you see out your window" <BR>I met my Kuwaiti friend through that thread. <BR> <BR>I am in southern VT. <BR>The color is not that spectacular here yet. <BR>But only about 15 miles north it is getting great. <BR> <BR>Our weather today is beautiful, and hot. <BR>In fact I just put on a summer dress and sandals. <BR>Thought I would enjoy it cause it will be raw and rainy tomorrow, with temps at leat 25-30F colder (yuck)

Sarah Oct 5th, 2001 09:55 AM

Hi DJ is it cold there yet? Old Fashion I am laughing at your candor. Yikes Nancy that must mean it is going to get cold in NY also.

nancy Oct 5th, 2001 09:56 AM

forgot to mention. <BR>This time of year, when it is warm like this, <BR>the ladybugs "come out" and I don't mean some. <BR>I mean hundreds!! <BR>Right now there must be a thousand on the sides of the house and a few hundred on the screen porch. <BR>By tonight, they will have all disappeared. <BR>It's like magic :-)

canuck Oct 5th, 2001 09:56 AM

Hi Sarah..I don't think our Thanksgiving is as "big" as yours is in the U.S. We do have the traditional turkey with stuffing, squash, pumpkin pie etc. and I'm having about 12 family and friends coming for dinner. Actually Christmas is very "big" here in Canada-maybe more celebratory than in the U.S.?? Not sure but we have the two day statutory holidays - Christmas Day and Boxing Day and I know you have the extra day at Thanksgiving instead of Christmas. Thanksgiving is early this year and it's going to be a long stretch until Christmas with no more holidays!

Sarah Oct 5th, 2001 10:01 AM

That sound wonderful Nancy. Fall is the time of year that the stench of Urine on the streets goes away in NYC.:):) My apologies that is a bit crude of me but you know what I mean those hots city smells leave us for warm fall breezes. Your description of Vermont just made it seem like a million miles away.

Sarah Oct 5th, 2001 10:02 AM

Thanks Canuck

Mish Oct 5th, 2001 10:04 AM

I'm in my office in Times Square looking out at what seem to be quite crowded streets (thank goodness). Just had steamed veggies and it's really nice outside.

ingrid Oct 5th, 2001 10:06 AM

I'm in the Maryland suburbs of Washington, DC. The weather is gorgous: warm and sunny (with rain predicted for tomorrow). Just took a break from work, eating spinach quiche, watching CNN and readin the Washington Post.

Sarah Oct 5th, 2001 10:06 AM

Hi Mish I am in the 50's on Madison Great day but read Jane's post does not look like we have this weather for long

den Oct 5th, 2001 10:07 AM

I'm from Fife in Scotland. It's 7.00pm, raining now although it's been a lovely day and I'm planning my trip to New York on October 16th so am reading all the wonderful advice on Fodors.

Cindy Oct 5th, 2001 10:08 AM

I am in an upstairs bedroom (home office) with light yellow walls, a poodle sleeping at my feet, and too many papers strewn around. <BR> <BR>How did you know I just ate? :) Two boiled eggs and a glass of OJ. Just wanted to grab something quick. The poodle ate, too. <BR> <BR>Beautiful, 80 degree day. Sunny and awesome. I need to hurry up with my work and then I'll either mow the lawn or walk the dog.

Cindy Oct 5th, 2001 10:09 AM

Oh, geez. Forgot to mention that I'm posting from Bethesda, Maryland.

Barbara Oct 5th, 2001 10:09 AM

I'm working in my home office in San Diego. Our weather is quite overcast so far today. It's not yet lunchtime and I'm still drinking coffee. Looking forward to high school football games tonight!