Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   Europe (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/)
-   -   Where Are You? How are you? (https://www.fodors.com/community/europe/where-are-you-how-are-you-231203/)

Lola Jun 14th, 2002 06:12 PM

Where Are You? How are you?

What is the weather like where you are? And what are you doing this weekend?<BR>As you might guess,I am bored and wondering what the rest of the world is up to:)<BR>Oh,yeah-I am in NYC.It is raining and very chilly.

njgirl Jun 14th, 2002 06:24 PM

<BR>Honey,I am also bored to death! <BR>I am in NJ and it is also raining and chilly.I am going to Manhattan this weekend -shopping and dinner with friends, dancing Sat night.

mbgirl Jun 14th, 2002 07:05 PM

Sunny and 75ish in the Canadian prairies and I'm off to the lake for the weekend. No computer at the cottage so I'll be reading travel books instead of the internet travel sites.

Joe Jun 14th, 2002 07:06 PM

Just got back from a ride in the hills above the San Francisco Bay (on the Oakland side). Went through Tilden Park. The views of the Bay are awesome; no other description will do. Stopped at Inspiration Point where the views of the Lake are spectacular. Did some hiking and ran the dog a little. Then crossed over to Bear Creek drive and came came out at Martinez, through the valley and home for a Beefeater over rocks. Having steamed Sea Bass for dinner (an Asian recipe) with sprouts and rice and some sauteed broccoli. Also, a good Sauvignon Blanc, Pedroncelli. Amazing wine for the price. Like old style Sauvignon Blanc; grassy, a little litchee nut, some grapefruit., fantastic. The sun has been shinning all day. A little breezy, but not bad. <BR>Just me and the wife tomorrow. General gardening and cleanup. We'll barbecue some lamb steaks late in the day and I will make my special scotch old fashions. The gang will be over for a New England Clambake (in the back yard) on Sunday. Lots of barbecued seafood with corn, salads, trimmings, etc. And, good wine; don't know what yet.<BR>And, I love New York; rain or shine.

Rex Jun 14th, 2002 07:13 PM

A beautiful summer night here in central Ohio. Good night for a backyard barbecue, which is what the parents of our youngest daughter's boyfriend had tonight. She is 18. He is 19, and has been in Army Airborne 11 months.<BR><BR>He leaves for Afghanistan in about 2-3 weeks. Never been overseas before.<BR><BR>How many of us would be up for learning about world travel like this?<BR>

Old Guy Jun 14th, 2002 08:19 PM

Yep, thats how lots of us did it once or twice before.

Shannon Jun 14th, 2002 09:17 PM

Lovely night in L.A. Warm, dry (so what else is new). Can't wait to see Scandinavia next month. Haven't been there for 30 years. Spent the evening with friends and the kids at Islands, watching the Dodgers duke it out with the Angels.

Judy Jun 15th, 2002 04:35 AM

It's 2:30 pm saturday in Munster Germany...partly sunny and about 70 F... shopped in the market this am and it was very empty!! The Germany vs Paraguay game was on (8:30am start time) and every one was home watching the game and those who were at the market (shoppers and sellers alike) were watching nthe game on portable sets as they shopped... we could tell when Germany finally scored by the tremendous shout that went up from all the stalls !! <BR><BR>Judy in Germany

shula Jun 15th, 2002 05:08 AM

4 in the afternoon. high in the 20c. humid. we are starting to feel the summer in Israel. celebrated my 2 year old grandchild birthday this morning. reading answers on forums for my next month travel to Amsterdam and Brugge, and cheking if i can help somebody with experiences of my trip to Italy two month ago.

Here I am Jun 15th, 2002 05:34 AM

It's a cool, gray, drizzly day in NJ. I'm going to the Trenton Farmers Market to buy some strawberries in a little while, and then I'll be going to an anniversay party in Plainsboro at noon. When I get back, if it's not too wet, I'll do some yard work.<BR><BR>Thrilling, isn't it?

NYgirl Jun 15th, 2002 06:39 AM

What a pleasant thread~<BR>Off to pick up tickets at Lincoln Center for the Ballet tonight.<BR>Haven't decided what Sun/Fathers Day will be-since the children are far away at present:(<BR>Rain/dreary New York City day.<BR>Wishing everyone a safe/fun weekend.<BR>

Pat Jun 15th, 2002 06:44 AM

Hi all,<BR>Greetings from NJ. It is dreary and cold for June 16. It's in the low 60's. Going to do some shopping today for Father's Day. Have my parents 50th anniversary party tonight. Getting ready for my 23 day trip to Europe in less than 3 weeks. Can't wait.<BR>Have a great day everyone. <BR>Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's out there.<BR>Pat

dreamsdelight Jun 15th, 2002 07:00 AM

It's a beautiful sunny 78 on the gulf coast. Blue sky's, birds singing. My dog Amanda is running around the back yard trying to catch the squirrels and I'm getting ready to hop into the shower after I water the veggies and fruit trees. <BR><BR>I was in New York city last May and saw blue men, Phantom and Les Mis. Some great shows. How can anyone get bored there. There's so much to see and do. You should go hit one of the museums and then pick up a sandwich and drink and head over to the park and take some time for yourself.<BR><BR>I'm pretty much the country gal myself. Give me the outdoors. Hope you have a great weekend. I'll be at the river and grilling fish.

nycboy Jun 15th, 2002 07:12 AM

We are never bored here in NYC - our lives here are a never ending excitement and ..and..uh...<BR><BR>Oh alright - I'm bored too here in NYC - it's grey and chilly. And I have laundry do.<BR><BR>(I am going to see the new director's version of Cinema Paradiso and there's a sherry / tapas tasting at Pipa tomorrow plus there is an exhibit of Penn Station photos just before it was destroyed I want to see...)

roco Jun 15th, 2002 08:52 AM

I'm is gorgeous, glorious San Diego and I would not be anywhere else, altho I will be going to Santa Fe 2 weeks from today, and Tuscany in November. Will be doing a $5/person tasting of 20 Italian red and white wines this afternoon. San Diego is such a "Tough" place to be a native of......NEVER RAINS! If it does, it's not worth remembering, however, there are a million accidents because no one knows how to drive in this mystery stuff! <BR><BR>Next week, I will start 8 weeks of ITalian for Travelers for a total of $30 at OASIS (seniors)<BR><BR>Ciao

Dallas Jun 15th, 2002 08:54 AM

Hot, (90 degrees) and dry here in Texas. I'm pretty bored too, but later I'll be going shopping and to visit my sister for a while. Just can't seem to settle on anything I WANT to do even though I have a new Dean Koontz book. I can usually lose myself in one of his books -- but, not today. If I'm not careful, I'll be raiding the kitchen!

Lis Jun 15th, 2002 08:57 AM

Lisbon...Portugal....clear blue sky...30ºC....calm wind...no I am not bored

Andi Jun 15th, 2002 08:59 AM

I'm in pleasant little Eugene, Oregon waking up with my cup of coffee. Overcast morning but sure to heat up this afternoon. I'm a teacher and just finished for the summer yesterday! Woohoo! Tonight, I'm having a blind wine tasting to help pick out wines for my brother's August wedding. I'm taking a trip to San Francisco next week to buy the wine. Been enjoying this site and getting advice for my July trip to Germany, France, and Italy. I'm able to share a thought or two from my last trips to Europe. Fodors is my first experience with an active message board. I'm hooked!

C.H. Jun 15th, 2002 09:00 AM

It's hot, hot, hot here on the coast of North Carolina. Working today and having the family over for dinner Sunday. Lots of good seafood. I spent the morning trying to find reasonable airfare to Paris in September. No luck so far.<BR><BR>

Audrey Jun 15th, 2002 09:03 AM

Not bored - just putting off housework. On our way to another 110 degree day here in "sunny" Arizona. Really, it's too hot to do housework...