Where are you for Christmas?

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 04:27 PM
Gaia

Where are you for Christmas?

I was just wondering, because I have to work....

Old Dec 20th, 2002, 05:04 PM
xxx

A lot of people have to work. Somebody has to bring my room service.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 02:27 AM
BTilke

We are spending the holidays with relatives in Germany--in the Bochum/Dusseldorf area. We've been exploring various Christmas markets and some of the less touristed areas of Germany. Our favorite spots so far have been Muenster (sorry, can't do umlauts here), which has a lovely old town and one of the nicest Christmas markets I've seen, and the medieval walled town of Hattingen (which has NEVER appeared on a Fodors post for some reason). Muensterland is beautiful and IMHO is just as worth visiting as the tourist standards of Heidelburg, etc.
BTilke (Bochum)

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 02:59 AM
Ben Haines

On Christmas Day I too have to work, unpaid, as I am a churchwarden. But on the morrow, St Stephen?s Day, on the Dover Road at the foot of our hill, I shall put a bicycle in the boot of the bus, ride to the port, take boat and trains, and arrive that evening in Paris, for good music and good food. All Paris does not sit there in those days watching television, as much of London does.

Vive la France

Ben Haines

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 03:01 AM
Rex

Bien choisi, mon ami.

Joyeux Noel et Bonne Année

et comme toujours...

Meilleurs voeux,

Rex

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 10:39 AM
Pam

Working..in a hospital.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 10:53 AM
Bob

At home in Northern California...planning next year's trips!

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 12:26 PM
chloe

at home in ny, with my cat & boyfriend. made chocolate chip cookies today. we may get snow on xmas day. will make a great dinner and relax, take a walk through the park. 2nd choice would be germany

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 01:06 PM
Tates

At home with my husband and my son, who surprised us by coming home for the holidays, and of course, with Pup

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 02:03 PM
iluvparis

i wiil be in canada with my soon-to-be husband and our new cat. i widh i was in paris though (that is were he proposed!!!)

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 02:04 PM
Katherine

I am spending Christmas at home as always. Home for me is Dallas Texas. I love to travel, but not at Christmastime. It does not seem the same.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 06:02 PM
carolyn

At my sister's log house in the country along with my husband and the other 23 members of our immediate family and with the rest of my dad's side of the family coming in for dinner. Actually, it's a lot of fun even with all the food preparation.

Old Dec 21st, 2002, 08:43 PM
charlene

on a safari trip with hubby,in Kenya...going for a week..he is reluctant but a good sport about it, even though he has been playing Cassandra about it...